Naked or case?

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Rezound and its awesome. Only issue is its mainly plastic and I'm worried about it breaking or getting scratched. I've always gone naked in the past but now I started using a case. It's a TPU high gloss case they sell at Verizon stores.

So naked or case and why.

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have always, always kept my phones in cases. Why? The minute you don't have a case on it is when you're gonna drop it or something.

I am patiently waiting for my case to come from eBay.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I've only dropped and damaged one phone. And it just had scuffs no screen damage. But that was the incredible 2 which was aluminum.

I always felt that a case takes away from the phone more than adds to it.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
This question can be answered by asking yourself; Insurance or no insurance?
If you answered "insurance", then you need to ask yourself; pay $50 deductible or not pay $50 deductible.
A $35 dollar case is still saving you money in the long run.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have insurance. And a $50 isn't that big a deal. Compared to disliking the case every day

I felt this way about my OG Droid after I owned it for about a year or so.
I think after a while, when we're near our upgrades and our phones don't seem so magical compared to what's coming out soon, many of us go "bareback" with our phones.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I felt this way about my OG Droid after I owned it for about a year or so.
I think after a while, when we're near our upgrades and our phones don't seem so magical compared to what's coming out soon, many of us go "bareback" with our phones.

For me I won't have an upgrade for a while. I want to keep my phone in good.condition but I don't want to hinder the experience. Never used a case with an Android phone. This is the first one and I don't like it. But I feel like I should use it anyway because the phone is entirely plastic

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
For me I won't have an upgrade for a while. I want to keep my phone in good.condition but I don't want to hinder the experience. Never used a case with an Android phone. This is the first one and I don't like it. But I feel like I should use it anyway because the phone is entirely plastic

You feel like the Rezound is too plasticky? I gotta disagree with you on this point. If you hold Samsung phones, like the Charge or the Fascinate, you'll definitely feel like they're all plastic.
I think the Rezound's back material and matte style finish make it feel a little more durable than others. Moto and HTC make solid-feeling phones, imo.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I never ever use cases on my phones. But I had a terrible experience on Thanksgiving day. After purchasing my ReZound the day before I dropped it and cracked the screen after one day. I had insurance but Amazon offered me a free return so I gladly accepted. But felt the needed to get a case. I have literally purchased 3 different cases. The red silicone case from Verizon, the barely case from htc pedia, and the bumper for the extended battery. But yet I comeback to going naked. Im just not used to having the extra crap on my phone. I am really careful with my phones. So im going naked for now.

I do feel like the build quality is not on par with my thunderbolt. That thing was a work horse. I did drop that a few times with the extended battery and it barely made a dent on it. I like the light weight of the ReZound, but feel the quality could've been better. The slim form factor and light weight doesn't help. I will just have to baby this phone.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a case for my X or should I say many cases since I could never find one I really.liked. I have debated over getting a case for this phone but have not found one I like yet. I do have a screen protector though.

Sent from my Rezound

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
FyI the insurance deductible on advanced smartphones is 99

That sounds more accurate. Either way I am pretty careful with my phone. I think I'm going to be like one of the above posters and go naked. I really got.the case because I felt I should. Not because I like it or want it.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
That sounds more accurate. Either way I am pretty careful with my phone. I think I'm going to be like one of the above posters and go naked. I really got.the case because I felt I should. Not because I like it or want it.

Phone cases are like condoms. No one wants them, but we sure as hell need them.

Freebird808

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I use the black silicone from Verizon. I was surprised that I actually like it. It has the proper cuts outs and does not add that much to the phone. Best of all I get to show off the beats logo. I returned the dock so I never have to take the case off. Just waiting for the Skinomi screen protector and I should be all set. I hate insurance.

vxaxv17

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the rezound but i've had my incredible for 18 months and never once had a screen protector or a case on it. I've dropped it maybe 10 times and its still in amazing condition. Not a scratch on the screen and only a few minor scrapes on the sides that are hardly visible. The most noticeable thing for me is the HTC on the back cover seems to wear out and you can start to see the red through it. I never really understood what some people do to their phones to make them look like they got run over repeatedly. If you put even a little bit of thought into taking care of the phone I have found no need for any case at all.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I always pit a skin on mine. Right now I have the extended battery with a bumper. I will have this phone for two years. I want to keep it looking nice.

butchyon

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I like my phone naked when I'm using it. Not even a screen protector. I'm a dedicated battery-swapper, and a phone cover is just something extra that has to be removed when swapping batteries. But I always keep my naked baby in a leather, belt-clip case when not in use. My almost 2-year old original Droid Incredible still looks like brand new. Not a scratch anywhere on it. If I decide to dive for the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus, it'll be the same. But that's just me...

mista_milla78

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I always buy cases for my phones and then get tired of them and end up going caseless. I have the HTC Sensation which has a metal body and is very sturdy. Dropped it once and just got a few nicks but it's fine other than that.