Case or no case, is the question.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I suppose the question is... You have just paid around £1,700/US$2,000 for what is a very delicate phone...

ZSrB46Em.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BEaRebel

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I suppose the question is... You have just paid around £1,700/US$2,000 for what is a very delicate phone...

https://i.imgur.com/ZSrB46Em.png
I'm extra extra careful with my phone's to the long I'm not that concerned about it. I have a LTE watch also so I can leave my phone in a safe place when out and about and it's nice not dragging around a phone all the time.

It's like everything else, accidents can happen which is why there is insurance. These cases are expensive closing the gap of what insurance deductible costs. If you're a person that is clumsy, prone to breaking phones then buying an expensive phone is not the best idea anyway. My friends that are rough on phones always buy the cheaper phones for this reason.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
It's like everything else, accidents can happen which is why there is insurance. These cases are expensive closing the gap of what insurance deductible costs. If you're a person that is clumsy, prone to breaking phones then buying an expensive phone is not the best idea anyway. My friends that are rough on phones always buy the cheaper phones for this reason.

Only reason why I picked up insurance is due to the potential situation of opening up the phone and that causes damage to the screen. I know it seems rather arbitrary... but if that comes about I'll be prepared. Because it goes to show with this GW4 update fiasco... anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-F936U using Tapatalk

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have found my green Fold 4 to be very slippery. Just setting it up was a challenge due to how slippery it was in my hands. I can't image using the phone without a case and not dropping it all the time. I guess those using it without a case have a lot better grip than I have.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I have found my green Fold 4 to be very slippery. Just setting it up was a challenge due to how slippery it was in my hands. I can't image using the phone without a case and not dropping it all the time. I guess those using it without a case have a lot better grip than I have.

Speaking of green folds, I came across a brand new green fold 3 at Best Buy on one of their strange unexplained sales, it was $1049... $150 cheaper than their equivalent open box folds. It was hidden in the back..no listing for it, I asked the rep to check their stock of 3's. I've come across those types of deals before, that's why I always ask :p

So did I buy it? Nope :eek: lol. I took a while to think it over, and realized I personally would never use it the way it's intended to be used... that's why I bought a Flip 3 last year, the way I use a phone I want to go smaller not bigger. But I was REALLY tempted lol.

If I'm in town again though, I might stop by Best Buy and see if it's still there to... you know, just check on it ;)

And if it is you never know :p

But to get back on topic, the case situation with the folds would be a huge issue for me. I wouldn't use one without a case, and the cases all seem expensive, not always the best fitting with adhesive, and make a bulky phone something that is not even pocketable. That's a big dilemma :-\

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Lately, despite owning the "official" Samsung SPen case, I've been going case'less with my oh so beautiful looking beige Fold 4.

I work from home, going out only for gym, errands, and the like, and since I own an LTE Watch 5 Pro, my Fold never leaves the house, so it's relatively safe.

Sure, I could drop it, or any number of other things, but I'm obsessively careful with it, and have never, in the many, many years of smartphone ownership, (an iPhone 3 being my first), ever dropped, or had one hit the ground.

So, weighing all of that in with not wanting to add any bulk, or cover up what to me is a gorgeous looking phone, I'm opting for no case.

Having said all of that, I now expect to drop my phone and have it run over by a dump truck today, lol. ??????????????????

Correction: It does leave the house, as I use Android Auto when driving, but it stays in the car, in my center console, so it's never really "out and about," so to speak.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
But to get back on topic, the case situation with the folds would be a huge issue for me. I wouldn't use one without a case, and the cases all seem expensive, not always the best fitting with adhesive, and make a bulky phone something that is not even pocketable. That's a big dilemma :-\

Agree 100% on the cases for the folds, specially the fold 4. There less bezel on the fold 4 front screen leaving a small spot for the skinny black piece by hinge to stick to front screen. I've tried 3 cases and all of them that skinny piece wouldn't stay stuck to the screen, I think there's not enough surface for it to stick to.

I gave up and bought a skin from dbrand. They give some grip so the phone isn't so slippery. I also have a LTE watch so I can leave the phone behind a lot of times

I've seen several people tell us that when they traded in their old phone, they took the case off to find the back is cracked, so cases don't always protect your phone.

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Agree 100% on the cases for the folds, specially the fold 4. There less bezel on the fold 4 front screen leaving a small spot for the skinny black piece by hinge to stick to front screen. I've tried 3 cases and all of them that skinny piece wouldn't stay stuck to the screen, I think there's not enough surface for it to stick to.

I gave up and bought a skin from dbrand. They give some grip so the phone isn't so slippery. I also have a LTE watch so I can leave the phone behind a lot of times

I've seen several people tell us that when they traded in their old phone, they took the case off to find the back is cracked, so cases don't always protect your phone.

Does the dbrand cover the front of the phone too?

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am going caseless.... I have 2 for just in case. Over the last 10 years or so I have only dropped my phone once. I used insurance, it happened to be on the fold 3 and it slipped out of my gym shorts.:confused:

I find the phones are slicked with the skins than with the glass... I know most feel the opposite, maybe I just have spiderman hands.

Last edited:

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Got my fold about 2 weeks ago. Have both the Samsung spen case and silicon grip case. Both feel good, but definitely adds bulk to the phone. Today, I wanted to try to go caseless.. LOVE it. Feels very premium and good in the hands. Thought it would be hard to hold it since on the other cases I have the popsocket on one, and the other already comes with the grip. But without a case, it is easier to hold.

I do have a Whitedome premium film skin on both the front screen and the back, so i feel fairly safe going caseless. I will put a case on if traveling or golfing for sure, but caseless feels and looks very good.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Got my fold about 2 weeks ago. Have both the Samsung spen case and silicon grip case. Both feel good, but definitely adds bulk to the phone. Today, I wanted to try to go caseless.. LOVE it. Feels very premium and good in the hands. Thought it would be hard to hold it since on the other cases I have the popsocket on one, and the other already comes with the grip. But without a case, it is easier to hold.

I do have a Whitedome premium film skin on both the front screen and the back, so i feel fairly safe going caseless. I will put a case on if traveling or golfing for sure, but caseless feels and looks very good.
I'm still going without a case, using the dbrand leather skin. I agree with you, it feels better without the cases and I think the cases for the fold 4 are not great, most of them the front screen case won't stay stuck to the phone. I do miss having the Spen with the phone all the time, but the Spen isn't a must for me.

I use my phone just like any other phone with the skin.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2023
Visit site
I'm a little late to the party but I have the N20U been caseless now for the longest time I myself enjoy the comforts of the phone in its all natural form,my theory is would you put a case on your new car and not drive it? Going to caseless to most is death defying but foe myself they made the phone beautiful and why would you want to cover the phone up with some ugly case? I have a mightyskin skin on my N20U and a screen protector but that's it,caseless is the best.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Because Samsung decided to offer a killer price on the fold 4 512gb. $619 with s22u trade. I decided to give this device another shot.

Besides that, who doesn't use a case. I think part of my dislike was the stupid case before. It just adds more bulk and makes using a bit more annoying. So far this feels like a better experience without a case.

I found a full tpu protector set for the front and back. Which I like but maybe a little concerned about the edges getting scratch.

Are there any actual minimal cases for this device or is that just not possible.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app
I bought a Spigen case and a Samsung case with s-pen. Overall I prefer the Samsung case. the thickness of the Spigen case is just a little bit too thick to use the device comfortably. The Spigen case also offers a hinge protection feature and the case has a slot for the s-pen. Whenever I use the Spigen case when folding open, the hinge protection sometimes doesn't glide inward causing jankyness when opening the device. Like it's in the way.
The slimness of the Samsung case with s-pen is better as the edges of the case don't hinder screen swiping whereas the thicker Spigen case def made swiping more difficult. My 22 cents!

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Because Samsung decided to offer a killer price on the fold 4 512gb. $619 with s22u trade. I decided to give this device another shot.

Besides that, who doesn't use a case. I think part of my dislike was the stupid case before. It just adds more bulk and makes using a bit more annoying. So far this feels like a better experience without a case.

I found a full tpu protector set for the front and back. Which I like but maybe a little concerned about the edges getting scratch.

Are there any actual minimal cases for this device or is that just not possible.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app
Off topic here: I just got the ZFLIP4 upon launch week. Not even 3 months I dropped the device accidentally! The hinge hit directly on the sweet spot and completely broke the screen, it even lifted and I couldn't even flip it shut. I didn't have a case on the device yet and I was using a side holster.
I screamed out of shock not because I just dropped a device but the fact that I just completely broke an 1800$ device not even 3 months old. It was dropped on ceramic tiling in my mud room.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I just ditched my case. Finding a case that the little plastic strip on front screen by the hinge that actually stays stuck to the screen is hard and cases are too expensive to keep trying to find one just to fund it does the same thing, and I don't want a bulky case that covers the whole phone.

I just switched to dbrand leather skin and so far I like it. I've used dbrand skins before and they are good, this is the first leather in trying.
2e5b573b894bc33f41b1c9750f1e91c0.jpg

Omg lllooovvve that color btw!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe