Case or no case, is the question.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Because Samsung decided to offer a killer price on the fold 4 512gb. $619 with s22u trade. I decided to give this device another shot.

Besides that, who doesn't use a case. I think part of my dislike was the stupid case before. It just adds more bulk and makes using a bit more annoying. So far this feels like a better experience without a case.

I found a full tpu protector set for the front and back. Which I like but maybe a little concerned about the edges getting scratch.

Are there any actual minimal cases for this device or is that just not possible.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Iam thinking of going case less as I have samsung care....
Same for my S22 ultra which I use without and screen protector
Iam not using screen protector on front screen of Fold4 also , had installed one but wasn't case friendly

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Finding good cases are hard to find and they are expensive. I ordered a dbrand case today. Those usually are minimal, or as minimal as you can get. If that don't work, I'm moving to a skin and go that route

People are spending $70+ on these cases and some are buying more then one. Might be spending close to or more then the deductible of the insurance. A majority of the cases are going to pop off if they fall on first impact meaning the bounce after first impact will be bare phone. Most cases are reviewing the front plastic piece by hinge won't stay stuck to phone, mine didn't and it broke off this week.

In the end it's personal decision.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BEaRebel

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
There's a few shell cases on Amazon. Very minimal protection, but definitely won't add bulk to the phone.

I personally use the Samsung Grip case. The handle is awesome to use with the phone.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I wanna use case less but don't have the guts...even though I have samsung secure...
At home I use it case less and admire how amazing build quality is of the Fold 4 and how classy it looks
See soo.many ppl with fold now days
It's amazing

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I have been using my fold 3 with samsung silicone case only on the back for an year now. Thankfully didn't drop and makes it feel sleek.

jimmynexus

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ive been going back and fourth between the Samsung leather cover, and no case at all, I love the feeling of the phone as it is, and it's a shame to cover up the lovely beige! but the grip from the leather is very welcome. I find annoying that the front of the cover is cheap black plastic, the leather is wearing nicely l, but plastic still looks the same. It doesn't look right somehow.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's all about the individual really on this. If you work in the office you can go without a case, however, for those that travel regularly and work 60% or more and for safety (fumbling hand) a case is definitely a welcome sight.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It's all about the individual really on this. If you work in the office you can go without a case, however, for those that travel regularly and work 60% or more and for safety (fumbling hand) a case is definitely a welcome site.

I think there's a strong case for a case in that case ;)

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
People think of cases protecting the phone from themselves fumbling it, but honest, it's really about protecting you from other people that bump into you unexpectedly that cause your phone to drop. You could be as careful as possible, but all it takes is someone to accidently jostle you..

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is the first phone I've ever used without a case. It feels so nice without the case and I don't wanna add bulk to a bulky phone. If there was better options for a case I'd maybe consider it. I'm currently using a d brand skin and a pop socket. Works pretty well. I have samsung care for insurance for in case.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is the first phone I've ever used without a case. It feels so nice without the case and I don't wanna add bulk to a bulky phone. If there was better options for a case I'd maybe consider it. I'm currently using a d brand skin and a pop socket. Works pretty well. I have samsung care for insurance for in case.
I just ditched my case. Finding a case that the little plastic strip on front screen by the hinge that actually stays stuck to the screen is hard and cases are too expensive to keep trying to find one just to fund it does the same thing, and I don't want a bulky case that covers the whole phone.

I just switched to dbrand leather skin and so far I like it. I've used dbrand skins before and they are good, this is the first leather in trying.
2e5b573b894bc33f41b1c9750f1e91c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-X800 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174