Exchanging iPhone4S for Rezound

teshub1965

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded my phone from the Palm Pre Plus, even though I hated the actual hardware of the phone, I really liked the WebOS software. Thinking iO5 would be the closes in terms of similarities with WebOS, I decided to upgrade to iPhone4S. After having the phone for just over three weeks, and using it extensively during this time, I have to say I am disappointed with this phone. I don't want to go into too much detail, but two of the things that bother me the most is one, not having an attachment function with email, don't understand how this was not included; and two, not having a notification light (this I absolutely miss the most). I just cannot stand picking up the phone all the time to see if a received a message or missed a phone call ( I usually keep the phone on silence). Since I purchased my phone during the extended exchange period, I am seriously considering a different phone.

I was researching phones online and the Rezound seemed the one I liked the best. I never used Android before so I was wondering how similar it is to WebOS? Also, can someone tell me how the email program is? I use email extensively.

Thanks for any advice you guys can provide?

Tom

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
yea I went from android droid x to iphone 4 wont be afraid to say it I was happy for a month or two than just got extremely bored of IOS and went back to android for the rezound.. let me tell you the rezound is the total package i love the multimedia feel to this phone...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
webOS is...different than android. android is way more customizable than webOS and iOS. android has widgets. with e-mail, yes, you can do attachments. there are a number of alternate e-mail apps, i'm using k-9 now myself. there are other options out there. what exact features are you looking for?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I would say that WebOS is closer to IOS than Android. But if you are looking at the Rezound, you are looking at improving your device from a hardware and software perspective. The Rezound is the beat phone I have ever owned and I have had a lot of them, including the iPhone 4S. Email works great. Just take the plunge and you will see.

HTC Rezound

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a pre2 as well, TBO I dont miss it at all, except for the multi-tasking, but you'll get use to it quickly. I really like the Rezound, performance wise, and there are all kinda apps for EVERYTHING.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I came from the iPhone 4 & the 4S for 29 days. To me, HTC makes getting use to Android OS so easy. Try the Rezound, I don't think you will have any problems going from iOS to Android.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Email on android is a lot better. You can attach any file and the notifications are great.

Sent from my Rezound

Dra7en

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't exchanged my iphone for a Rezound yet, but the one thing I think iOS has over Android is that there are several awesome quality games on idevices that aren't on Android like the new Batman Arkham City Lockdown, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space...

Seems like such a shame not to make use of those beautiful Rezound screens.

matthewjoseph255

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If i want play games ill play my xbox 360 or ps3... The only time I would play a game is traveling on it but I most likely would want just watch a movie

I haven't exchanged my iphone for a Rezound yet, but the one thing I think iOS has over Android is that there are several awesome quality games on idevices that aren't on Android like the new Batman Arkham City Lockdown, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space...

Seems like such a shame not to make use of those beautiful Rezound screens.

teshub1965

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for the advice. I think I will stop by the Verizon store tomorrow to take a look at the Rezound. Does anyone know if I can make my exchange at the store or do I need to send it back since I did my original upgrade online?

Dra7en

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
If i want play games ill play my xbox 360 or ps3... The only time I would play a game is traveling on it but I most likely would want just watch a movie

If I want to play games at home, I'll play my 360 or PS3. If I want to play games at a burger joint, the phone's the more practical option.

horseybob

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
if you did your online upgrade with VZW, the store should be fine. If it was BestBuy, Costco, etc. You may have to go there instead.

You'll find that while iOS has purty icons, the spirit of Android (rooting, mods, etc) is closer to WebOS. So you'll be better able to tweak your phone. And the Beats audio on the Rezound is much better than iOS standard. Usability-wise, my wife played with the iPhone for 5 minutes, put it down and went back to the Rezound. And refused to pick it (the iPhone) up again

Last edited: