Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Arrow Nexus Instead of Rezound? - Release 12/15

So the Nexus is finally announced and being released tomorrow:

Anyone wishing they would have gone with the Nexus at this point? Got my Rezound, but haven't activated it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
    So the Nexus is finally announced and being released tomorrow:

Anyone wishing they would have gone with the Nexus at this point? Got my Rezound, but haven't activated it yet.
    I was considering the gn, but I would have to pay 6x as much, I would probably keep the rezound considering I paid 1/6th the price of the gn to get it. Unless I have some major problems, i will keep the rezound, can't justify paying $250 more for the gn.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus Instead of Rezound? - Release 12/15

Nope...could care less.
    didiwags likes this.

still going to get the Rezound!
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

OMG. You really just posted a link to that story that wasn't from AC? HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Im liking the Rezound very much. Im waiting for the initial "OMG I LOVE THIS PHONE" to wear off and see how its like a month down the road before thinking selling my Thunderbolt and getting one.
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
    Anyone wishing they would have gone with the Nexus at this point?
    Not at all and I am still with the 14 day return period. From all of the pictures and videos that I've seen of the Nexus, there is nothing at all that gets my attention. I love the Rezound and know it was the right choice for my first LTE smartphone with Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    OMG. You really just posted a link to that story that wasn't from AC? HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT?
    I think you'll like this link better, lol. http://www.androidcentral.com/offici...ty-announcment
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

OMG! Relatively new here...is that a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Initially I was thinking the difference in size would be worth it, but not much difference really. And that Sense UI, love it on my Incredible so sure is hard to depart from it. And got $100 off each of the Rezounds I purchased making them $199 so not a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Not at all and I am still with the 14 day return period. From all of the pictures and videos that I've seen of the Nexus, there is nothing at all that gets my attention. I love the Rezound and know it was the right choice for my first LTE smartphone with Verizon.

Nope, I am good with the Rezound. Not a fan of Samsung and I can only imagine the issues the GN will have just because it is a Samsung phone.
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

No, I read all about the GN before I bought a Rezound. I could easily have waited two weeks. One of the big benefits I see in Android phones is memory expansion and you can't add memory to the GN. I also do not want a phone with a 4.65 screen. The only thing I really see going for the GN is ICS and the Rezound is getting ICS. I also don't like the flat Samsung designs, I find them personally uncomfortable to hold.

I should also mention that I love the Beats Audio. HP put this on my Envy computer and its not much on the computer. On this phone it is a different experience. Best MP3 output I have heard from a mobile device (phone or dedicated player). Hope future updates lets 3rd party apps use Beats.
    Last edited by eshropshire; 12-14-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The only thing I want from the Nexus is ICS.
    Our screen is superior in both ppi and it being non-pentile. Our hardware is (arguably) better or on par at the very least, and we have the added benefit of Beats (inb4 "wahh, there's better stuff out there!)

When we get permanent root and an ICS rom, there's no stopping us, baby.
    Or HTC could just drop vanilla ICS on us, I suppose.
    MrSmith317 likes this.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    Or HTC could just drop vanilla ICS on us, I suppose.
    Yeah and the chances of that are slim and none....and Slim just left town. I'm slowly but surely peeling away the layers of Sense to see what I like and don't like and bringing in as many AOSP like apps as I can in order to truly love this phone. And as far as I'm concerned one of the only features I have an issue with can be fixed in software...the frigging camera and it's light balance/exposure settings.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

-Walt Disney

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I think you might be surprised on this one. There have been rumors on several websites that HTC is highly considering dropping Sense with ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith317 View Post
    Yeah and the chances of that are slim and none....and Slim just left town. I'm slowly but surely peeling away the layers of Sense to see what I like and don't like and bringing in as many AOSP like apps as I can in order to truly love this phone. And as far as I'm concerned one of the only features I have an issue with can be fixed in software...the frigging camera and it's light balance/exposure settings.
    One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I get how Sense is "heavier" than other skins, but I think it's better than TouchWiz and Blur in most aspects. Slim is in the outskirts of town, though. I vaguely remember reading an article a month ago or so that said HTC would consider either seriously toning down Sense, or eliminating it entirely. Yeah, it sounds like it'll never happen, but at least there's a single percentage point of chance to it, unlike whatever Moto or Samsung might do.
    And if they end up getting vanilla ICS and HTC doesn't, I'll eat my Rezound.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Sense is the best UI out there, but since I got rid of it on my DINC my phone is faster.
    I like the rezound.
    Beats is eh to me as I have good headphones already and I use poweramp.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
    The only issue I see is HTC having to adapt ICS to work with it's button configuration.

Oh and Phil was just joking about the link.
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    I get how Sense is "heavier" than other skins, but I think it's better than TouchWiz and Blur in most aspects. Slim is in the outskirts of town, though. I vaguely remember reading an article a month ago or so that said HTC would consider either seriously toning down Sense, or eliminating it entirely. Yeah, it sounds like it'll never happen, but at least there's a single percentage point of chance to it, unlike whatever Moto or Samsung might do.
    And if they end up getting vanilla ICS and HTC doesn't, I'll eat my Rezound.
    I cut my teeth on the OG droid and hold that in the highest respect, simply because it did what all Android phones should do. Give you every level of customization you ever wanted. The ability to make the phone yours...if you will. Every UI to me just mucks with that ability. Thankfully large chunks can be knocked out in favor of the things we like better or work better for us as individuals. Apparently I missed the UI train and that's why I don't get it but I'm ok with that as long as people(HTC, Samsung, Moto) stop trying to shove their UI experience down my throat. And if HTC gives us ICS at all, I will eat your Rezound

-Walt Disney

How are you Rezound owners digging that battery..... that small battery. I'm still on the fence which to get.

Sent from my DROIDX running SSM-602 V3 using Tapatalk
    Mr Fix-It

ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post
    How are you Rezound owners digging that battery..... that small battery. I'm still on the fence which to get.

The standard battery didn't cut it for me. I'm on the extended battery and pull 24+ hours on the regular. Last night I forgot to plug my phone in and it hadn't charged since 6am yesterday morning. This morning still sitting at 20%. Love that extended batt.

-Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post

I had the Droid X and had to buy an extended battery for it. I have yet to break down and but an extended yet for the Rezound. Just have an extra charger.... The X's old one lol

Sent from my Rezound
    X to Rezound to Galaxy S3

Yeah I've got the X now with the extended battery. I think I probably get one regardless of the phone I choose but right now that Rezound is looking real good to me.

One Man Wolfpack

Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I cut my teeth on the OG droid and hold that in the highest respect, simply because it did what all Android phones should do. Give you every level of customization you ever wanted. The ability to make the phone yours...if you will. Every UI to me just mucks with that ability. Thankfully large chunks can be knocked out in favor of the things we like better or work better for us as individuals. Apparently I missed the UI train and that's why I don't get it but I'm ok with that as long as people(HTC, Samsung, Moto) stop trying to shove their UI experience down my throat. And if HTC gives us ICS at all, I will eat your Rezound
    Please, eat your own Rezound if this happens. I'd like to enjoy ICS.

Extended battery for the win on Rezound! Hard to beat 24 hours on a charge...
    Heh, do you imagine users will feel that the GNex is still thin (over the Rezound) if so many of it's users suddenly realize they have to upgrade it's battery this week too? Why would they need to...it's a perfect Google phone right?
    Imagining all the GNex users thinking it is so awesome...until they get their first OTA update within 2 hours of activation and they see their battery go down 15% from one download lol. It's up to ICS 4.0.2 at least by now...in a way that's an advantage about updates over Gingerbread but we have iBeats to compensate haha.

So much hype on that phone, I can't wait to see the nitpicks of disappointment from "the best phone evah!" users....oh wait...no NFC? Oh I am out of memory and cannot expand the SD card? Why do I have 2/3rd the pixels of an LCD....Pentile you say?

May as well call them Sammysheeple...so now call me a HTCheeple and proud of it with my first smartphone lol. Now where is the camera white balance fix???

Never understood the mentality of people who try to justify their purchased to the point of being blinded.

The phone is hyped because its the only Android device with Ice Cream Sandwich. It really is a beautiful phone. Now whether its the "best" is subjective. NO phone is perfect, they all have flaws.

The Rezound is a little thick, doesn't have the latest OS, and by most accounts has battery life thats decent at best. It also doesn't have full root access yet. Wouldn't be a dealbreaker if not for Sense. Whether you love it, or hate it, stock ICS is an improvement over EVERY manufacturer skin available.

The Nexus is wide as an aircraft carrier, has a lower ppi than the Rezound and doesn't have expandable storage. I'd also figure it has better battery life than the Rezound given the efficiency of Super AMOLED.

Simply choose whats right for you. Buying a Nexus doesn't make anyone a sheep. Just means they liked it. Personally I have a Rezound arriving today, but I'll try out the Nexus as well. If the Rezound had ICS today, I'd probably not even bother with the Nexus.
    MrSmith317 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast