Nexus Instead of Rezound? - Release 12/15

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So the Nexus is finally announced and being released tomorrow:

Verizon's Galaxy Nexus to finally launch tomorrow for $299.99

Anyone wishing they would have gone with the Nexus at this point? Got my Rezound, but haven't activated it yet.

I was considering the gn, but I would have to pay 6x as much, I would probably keep the rezound considering I paid 1/6th the price of the gn to get it. Unless I have some major problems, i will keep the rezound, can't justify paying $250 more for the gn.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Im liking the Rezound very much. Im waiting for the initial "OMG I LOVE THIS PHONE" to wear off and see how its like a month down the road before thinking selling my Thunderbolt and getting one.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone wishing they would have gone with the Nexus at this point?

Not at all and I am still with the 14 day return period. From all of the pictures and videos that I've seen of the Nexus, there is nothing at all that gets my attention. I love the Rezound and know it was the right choice for my first LTE smartphone with Verizon.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Initially I was thinking the difference in size would be worth it, but not much difference really. And that Sense UI, love it on my Incredible so sure is hard to depart from it. And got $100 off each of the Rezounds I purchased making them $199 so not a bad deal.

Not at all and I am still with the 14 day return period. From all of the pictures and videos that I've seen of the Nexus, there is nothing at all that gets my attention. I love the Rezound and know it was the right choice for my first LTE smartphone with Verizon.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Nope, I am good with the Rezound. Not a fan of Samsung and I can only imagine the issues the GN will have just because it is a Samsung phone.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
No, I read all about the GN before I bought a Rezound. I could easily have waited two weeks. One of the big benefits I see in Android phones is memory expansion and you can't add memory to the GN. I also do not want a phone with a 4.65 screen. The only thing I really see going for the GN is ICS and the Rezound is getting ICS. I also don't like the flat Samsung designs, I find them personally uncomfortable to hold.

I should also mention that I love the Beats Audio. HP put this on my Envy computer and its not much on the computer. On this phone it is a different experience. Best MP3 output I have heard from a mobile device (phone or dedicated player). Hope future updates lets 3rd party apps use Beats.

Last edited:

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I want from the Nexus is ICS.
Our screen is superior in both ppi and it being non-pentile. Our hardware is (arguably) better or on par at the very least, and we have the added benefit of Beats (inb4 "wahh, there's better stuff out there!)

When we get permanent root and an ICS rom, there's no stopping us, baby.
Or HTC could just drop vanilla ICS on us, I suppose.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Or HTC could just drop vanilla ICS on us, I suppose.

Yeah and the chances of that are slim and none....and Slim just left town. I'm slowly but surely peeling away the layers of Sense to see what I like and don't like and bringing in as many AOSP like apps as I can in order to truly love this phone. And as far as I'm concerned one of the only features I have an issue with can be fixed in software...the frigging camera and it's light balance/exposure settings.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you might be surprised on this one. There have been rumors on several websites that HTC is highly considering dropping Sense with ICS.

Yeah and the chances of that are slim and none....and Slim just left town. I'm slowly but surely peeling away the layers of Sense to see what I like and don't like and bringing in as many AOSP like apps as I can in order to truly love this phone. And as far as I'm concerned one of the only features I have an issue with can be fixed in software...the frigging camera and it's light balance/exposure settings.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

I get how Sense is "heavier" than other skins, but I think it's better than TouchWiz and Blur in most aspects. Slim is in the outskirts of town, though. I vaguely remember reading an article a month ago or so that said HTC would consider either seriously toning down Sense, or eliminating it entirely. Yeah, it sounds like it'll never happen, but at least there's a single percentage point of chance to it, unlike whatever Moto or Samsung might do.
And if they end up getting vanilla ICS and HTC doesn't, I'll eat my Rezound.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sense is the best UI out there, but since I got rid of it on my DINC my phone is faster.
I like the rezound.
Beats is eh to me as I have good headphones already and I use poweramp.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
The only issue I see is HTC having to adapt ICS to work with it's button configuration.

Oh and Phil was just joking about the link.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I get how Sense is "heavier" than other skins, but I think it's better than TouchWiz and Blur in most aspects. Slim is in the outskirts of town, though. I vaguely remember reading an article a month ago or so that said HTC would consider either seriously toning down Sense, or eliminating it entirely. Yeah, it sounds like it'll never happen, but at least there's a single percentage point of chance to it, unlike whatever Moto or Samsung might do.
And if they end up getting vanilla ICS and HTC doesn't, I'll eat my Rezound.

I cut my teeth on the OG droid and hold that in the highest respect, simply because it did what all Android phones should do. Give you every level of customization you ever wanted. The ability to make the phone yours...if you will. Every UI to me just mucks with that ability. Thankfully large chunks can be knocked out in favor of the things we like better or work better for us as individuals. Apparently I missed the UI train and that's why I don't get it but I'm ok with that as long as people(HTC, Samsung, Moto) stop trying to shove their UI experience down my throat. And if HTC gives us ICS at all, I will eat your Rezound

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
How are you Rezound owners digging that battery..... that small battery. I'm still on the fence which to get.

Sent from my DROIDX running SSM-602 V3 using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
How are you Rezound owners digging that battery..... that small battery. I'm still on the fence which to get.

Sent from my DROIDX running SSM-602 V3 using Tapatalk

The standard battery didn't cut it for me. I'm on the extended battery and pull 24+ hours on the regular. Last night I forgot to plug my phone in and it hadn't charged since 6am yesterday morning. This morning still sitting at 20%. Love that extended batt.