Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    731 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    After 6 days of spotty (at best) 3g and 4g coverage on the Galaxy Nexus, I returned it for a Rezound yesterday. I've barely had time to use it in the less than 24 hours I've had it, but it gets 3g and 4g everywhere that the Nexus did not get it but should have had it. The little I've used the camera on the Rezound has proven it is better, it's not even close. The only thing the Nexus had on it was shutter speed, which does you little good if the Auto Focus can't keep up. Anyway, I'll have some more comparisons when I have more time with the Rezound.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
    Thanked by 3:
    SoulWeaponry likes this.
  2. #2  
    MrSmith317's Avatar
    Mr Fix-It

    Posts
    2,214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Glad you've seen the light...welcome to the party.
    “Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
    We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
    because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

    -Walt Disney
    Aidan Rolf and MarkSeven like this.
  3. #3  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Stuff like this makes me feel a lot better about going with the Rezound.

    I do still have some residual jealousy over SuperAMOLED...but there was no option for a true 720p Super AMOLED screen (I dont want Pentile...that ruins it for me).
  4. #4  

    Default

    I am about to make the same switch. I really want to like the Gnex, but just can't get past the lack of screen visibility at lower brightness levels. In my opinion, the auto brightness feature is worthless on the Gnex, it is way too dim. This is aggravated by the fact that the screen is very grey (instead of white) at those dim settings.

    I expected to maybe notice a performance advantage over a sense device, but I truthfully haven't noticed anything.

    I like the thinness and weight of the Gnex, and overall I like Ics, however, they're not enough to accept the screen, especially when you compare it to the bright, beautiful screen of the Rezound.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  5. #5  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickt1152 View Post
    I am about to make the same switch. I really want to like the Gnex
    God, me too. I am such a huge fan of the Galaxy S2 phones (and the original Galaxy as well). But it is like Samsung went out of their way to make it as unappealing as possible. They yanked SD expansion and polluted the display with pentile tech. It doesnt have the Gorilla Glass that is in the "real" Galaxy S2s either.

    Frankly, I would rather have any of the stock Galaxy S2 phones than the Nexus. And that is really sad.
  6. #6  
    Johnly's Avatar

    Posts
    7,357 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Nice dude. It is good to have a phone you love.....see, I have zero rezound hate
  7. #7  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    If you are on Verizon and want a Galaxy S2 though, the Nexus is as close as you are going to get. I think they are the only major carrier that doesnt offer a stock Galaxy S2.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    God, me too. I am such a huge fan of the Galaxy S2 phones (and the original Galaxy as well). But it is like Samsung went out of their way to make it as unappealing as possible. They yanked SD expansion and polluted the display with pentile tech. It doesnt have the Gorilla Glass that is in the "real" Galaxy S2s either.

    Frankly, I would rather have any of the stock Galaxy S2 phones than the Nexus. And that is really sad.
    Just out curiousity, did you watch the video on how the glass used on the GN was manufactured? And some of the scratching & abuse they subject it to in testing. It doesn't have to say "Gorilla", in order to be tough. Granted, it's not a Corning product but that crap looked durable as anything else, to say the least.
  9. #9  
    Dovahkiin's Avatar
    One Man Wolfpack

    Posts
    1,002 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,001 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by jiml View Post
    After 6 days of spotty (at best) 3g and 4g coverage on the Galaxy Nexus, I returned it for a Rezound yesterday. I've barely had time to use it in the less than 24 hours I've had it, but it gets 3g and 4g everywhere that the Nexus did not get it but should have had it. The little I've used the camera on the Rezound has proven it is better, it's not even close. The only thing the Nexus had on it was shutter speed, which does you little good if the Auto Focus can't keep up. Anyway, I'll have some more comparisons when I have more time with the Rezound.
    My son, we welcome you to our flock. You are our sheep, and the Rezound is your shephard. We cleanse away your sins of owning other phones, and bless you in the name of our savior, Dr. Dre.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    My son, we welcome you to our flock. You are our sheep, and the Rezound is your shephard. We cleanse away your sins of owning other phones, and bless you in the name of our savior, Dr. Dre.
    This post makes me want to sell my Rezound.
    Thanked by:
    droidman2177, kgbeezr1 and bellken like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    I can not beleave that the Rezound has got over looked and not been promoted at all, I can not also see that some sites picked GN as the phone of the year ! but better for new comers can pick it up cheaper. I am one so glad that I got the Rezound and thanks to people on this forum for helping me to get the most out of my phone
  12. #12  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Of the "big 3" on Verizon right now - Rezound, Nexus, Razr - my choice would be the Rezound (although I don't have a choice at the moment...bummer). I had a chance to play with all 3 the other day, although I really like the form factor of the Razr and Nexus, they both have things about them that are turn offs for me.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    731 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    My son, we welcome you to our flock. You are our sheep, and the Rezound is your shephard. We cleanse away your sins of owning other phones, and bless you in the name of our savior, Dr. Dre.
    Haha!

    Thanks everyone. Can't wait to REALLY use the phone, been busy up to this point so far.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    jimbl's Avatar

    Posts
    731 Posts
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by edgesalon View Post
    I can not beleave that the Rezound has got over looked and not been promoted at all, I can not also see that some sites picked GN as the phone of the year ! but better for new comers can pick it up cheaper. I am one so glad that I got the Rezound and thanks to people on this forum for helping me to get the most out of my phone
    It's definitely a relative unknown compared to the GN and Razr. I guess when the goods speak for themselves, they don't need a ton of hype.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickt1152 View Post
    I am about to make the same switch. I really want to like the Gnex, but just can't get past the lack of screen visibility at lower brightness levels. In my opinion, the auto brightness feature is worthless on the Gnex, it is way too dim. This is aggravated by the fact that the screen is very grey (instead of white) at those dim settings.

    I expected to maybe notice a performance advantage over a sense device, but I truthfully haven't noticed anything.

    I like the thinness and weight of the Gnex, and overall I like Ics, however, they're not enough to accept the screen, especially when you compare it to the bright, beautiful screen of the Rezound.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Sadly I'm coming to the same conclusion. I love the GN's crisp & clean ICS OS and can even tolerate 60-70% battery use devoted to the screen but the Galaxy Nexus' camera/video performance is so inconsistent. But I promised myself I'd give the Galaxy Nexus at least a week's test-run.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"
  16. #16  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    Sadly I'm coming to the same conclusion. I love the GN's crisp & clean ICS OS and can even tolerate 60-70% battery use devoted to the screen but the Galaxy Nexus' camera/video performance is so inconsistent. But I promised myself I'd give the Galaxy Nexus at least a week's test-run.
    60-70% on the GN, the display on my Rezound eats up 90% of my battery usage.
  17. #17  
    ulnek's Avatar

    Posts
    448 Posts
    Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dovahkiin View Post
    My son, we welcome you to our flock. You are our sheep, and the Rezound is your shephard. We cleanse away your sins of owning other phones, and bless you in the name of our savior, Dr. Dre.
    isn't that the iphone mantra with words just changed? O.O
    Motorola Droid Maxx
    JeffDenver likes this.
  18. #18  
    twolastnames's Avatar

    Posts
    634 Posts
    ROM
    To embarrassed to say

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    60-70% on the GN, the display on my Rezound eats up 90% of my battery usage.
    Turn your screen down, I'm at 55% after 14 hours, leaving the screen on auto.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by twolastnames View Post
    Turn your screen down, I'm at 55% after 14 hours, leaving the screen on auto.
    I rarely use the brightness settings at all. I usually have it locked in at 0%. Occasionally, 25%, for vids but that's a minimal factor in my overall usage.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    I rarely use the brightness settings at all. I usually have it locked in at 0%. Occasionally, 25%, for vids but that's a minimal factor in my overall usage.
    do you live in kaimakli, cappadoccia?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniques View Post
    do you live in kaimakli, cappadoccia?
    Gesundheit, do I live where? ......J/k, might as well live underground, my job doesn't allow me to see much daylight these days.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by humpagardengnome View Post
    Just out curiousity, did you watch the video on how the glass used on the GN was manufactured? And some of the scratching & abuse they subject it to in testing. It doesn't have to say "Gorilla", in order to be tough. Granted, it's not a Corning product but that crap looked durable as anything else, to say the least.
    Here's a clue to what may be on the front of the Galaxy Nexus



    Sure looks like a Samsung Corning joint venture to me.
  23. #23  
    kgirl808's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by edgesalon View Post
    I can not beleave that the Rezound has got over looked and not been promoted at all, I can not also see that some sites picked GN as the phone of the year ! but better for new comers can pick it up cheaper. I am one so glad that I got the Rezound and thanks to people on this forum for helping me to get the most out of my phone
    The Rezound speaks for itself

    Its too bad though that alot more people haven't caught on, its really a good phone. But people flock to everything that is hyped up due to the way they are advertised. I have to admit, when I first saw the commercial for the Rezound and didn't know anything about the phone I thought I didn't want to trade out my TB because it only focused about Beats Audio but I decided to do more research and glad that I did. People complain that this phone is too big but yet I think the Nexus and the Razr are too wide, I guess its a matter of taste. I also hate the fact that the memory can't be expanded on the other 2 phones. @ least the battery can be switched on the Nexus.
    Last edited by kgirl808; 12-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
  24. #24  
    hal1's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,397 Global Posts

    Default Re: 1 day with Rezound > than 6 with Galaxy Nexus.

    Quote Originally Posted by kgirl808 View Post
    People complain that this phone is too big but yet I think the Nexus and the Razr are too wide but I guess its a matter of taste. I also hate the fact that the memory can't be expanded on the other 2 phones. @ least the battery can be switched on the Nexus.
    I found the GN to big for one hand operation, but I have small hands. Could barely reach the back key.
    It just felt awkward
    .
  25. #25  

    Default

    Thanks all, new to forum. Reading through all these post has made my decision to go with the rezound a lot easier. Iove it. Came from galaxy fascinate.

    Sent from my HTC rezound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B