Battery life question

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life of the Rezound, whats your practical experience? Are there costom setting for extending the life?

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Depends on how you use it.

I am a minimalist. I keep data off and mainly just connect to wifi at the house. Except in the rare chance I need it away from the house. I also don't talk a lot on the phone. Should be noted I keep the brightness down to about the lowest level also. Set the phone on economy mode also. Everything set to save battery.

My last charge I got over 55 hours but only had the phone awake for around 4-5 hours of that time.

When I turn data on and use it a lot(and a lot for me is less than most) I get around 18 hours with the phone up for about 6 hours.

My results are not typical. I could probably kill this phone completely in 6 hours with extreme use.

The extended battery does allow you to use the phone heavily for a complete day though.

majorhunadadun

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Dam dude! Sounds like you don't leave the house at all!! Haha! Well I have mine running stock on the performance setting running 4g all day and on the standard battery I'll get 6 hours. On the the extended battery I'll get a full day with heavy use. For a 1620 mah battery it gets pretty good battery life.

Sax1031

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea I have way more phone than I actually need. Just nice to know that I have the option to do a lot.

But I keep everything on economy setting. Screen shuts down after 15 seconds, lowest setting. Screen brightness is at 11%, again lowest setting. Background data off. Data radios off. Wifi off most the time. And really don't spend a lot of time on the phone.

It last really well for me. I still my get the extended battery though. But for my needs it has been a lot better than I expected.

Laramie

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Standard Battery: Heavy use = 4-6 hours
Standard Battery: Moderate use = 6-10 hours
Standard Battery: Light use = 10-16 hours

Extended Battery: Heavy use = 6-10 hours
Extended Battery: Moderate use = 10-20
Extended Battery: Light use = 20-36 hours

This has been my experience. Obviously auto sync, signal strength, wifi/bluetooth, screen brightness and screen time all will all greatly vary battery times.

truenoob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Standard Battery: Heavy use = 4-6 hours
Standard Battery: Moderate use = 6-10 hours
Standard Battery: Light use = 10-16 hours

Extended Battery: Heavy use = 6-10 hours
Extended Battery: Moderate use = 10-20
Extended Battery: Light use = 20-36 hours

This has been my experience. Obviously auto sync, signal strength, wifi/bluetooth, screen brightness and screen time all will all greatly vary battery times.

This is what I basically get with the Standard Battery. I don't have the extended battery so I can't comment on that. To me this is quite acceptable. When I first got the phone it wasn't this good. People have commented that the OS needs time to learn the apps you're running to better manage the battery consumption. Not sure how true that is, but my battery life did get better after about a week of use. I had a Charge before the Rezound and the battery life on it was bad with Froyo. Once it got GB, it was much better. So the Rezound with GB is also very good on the battery.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
People have commented that the OS needs time to learn the apps you're running to better manage the battery consumption. Not sure how true that is, but my battery life did get better after about a week of use.

Battery life getting better after the first so many changes is due to battery chemistry, not the OS.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non