Videos taken with rezound have sound but no video

kim..

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why videos I've taken with my Rezound only have sound when I play them on my computer? There is no image to go with it but they view normally when I look at them on my phone. I searched old threads and could only find the opposite issue.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the right codecs for the file format? I don't know offhand what format the Rezound saves them as or what codec that format requires, but that's usually the first thing I look to when I have video files that play audio without video.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why videos I've taken with my Rezound only have sound when I play them on my computer? There is no image to go with it but they view normally when I look at them on my phone. I searched old threads and could only find the opposite issue.

What media player are you using for playback on pc? Is it compatible w/ mp4? It may just need the.codec to support it, as yapkuen mentioned.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Windows Media Player... I don't know how to update the codec. Anyone know how?

Check Windows update to get the newest version of WMP. I doubt that's the culprit but it might be. They've had mp4 codec support in WMP since XP came out. Hope ithat works b/c it's a simple fix.

madeira77

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am still having this problem. About half of the videos I take with my phone have only audio when played back on my computer. I'm running Windows 7 and Windows Media Player. Please help!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
codecguide.com

I always go there and install the K-lite Mega Codec Pack. It also comes with a media player that I use as the default player on all my machines. During install, install for both Windows Media Player and the Home Cinema player.

Check the site for updates once or twice a month.

With that, you'll probably never have a video or audio codec issue again.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: madeira77

madeira77

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks TBolt, Excuse my ignorance, but Avira anti-virus is hung up on this download. Says it contains "ADWARE/Adware.Gen7" and doesn't want to download. Did you have this happen?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks TBolt, Excuse my ignorance, but Avira anti-virus is hung up on this download. Says it contains "ADWARE/Adware.Gen7" and doesn't want to download. Did you have this happen?

I am not sure which mirror you downloaded from, but that's the first time I've seen adware on one of those downloads. I have never heard of Avira - I use Avast for anti-virus and other software for adware. I would download from another mirror.

I would try this download just to get rolling:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_mega_codec_pack.htm

Which mirror did you download from, btw?

As mentioned, VLC Player is another option. Not my fav, tho.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Try VideoLAN VLC media player.

VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS!

I've always preferred using that over WMP. If your videos are still not functioning properly, then I'd suspect the phone as a culprit, provided you're not accidentally leaving your finger over the camera lens while recording :-[

VLC media player for the win! Powerful, plays tons of file types, also allows you to rotate the video clips (if you've ever moved a clip to a pc and found that it is "sideways", VLC lets you rotate it)

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
But, just install QuickTime and open it up in that. QuickTime Pro is cheap and nice for a quick edit job here and there on them as well :p

Not sure I'd waste my time installing duplicate codecs with VLC and stuff like that, personally.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
But, just install QuickTime and open it up in that. QuickTime Pro is cheap and nice for a quick edit job here and there on them as well :p

Not sure I'd waste my time installing duplicate codecs with VLC and stuff like that, personally.

I'll keep the $30 in my pocket rather than give it to Apple, esp. when free solutions are readily available.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to agree. I haven't used QT in the longest time due to the fact that the few times I ever tried it it was burdensome and didn't bring any more functionality to the table than WMP already had. Plus... QT updates. ALWAYS WITH THE UPDATES!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch