Rezound OS the same as the Incredible 2?

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I received an automated call today from HTC, as they wanted to survey my experience with their (very nice) tech.

I missed the call, so I called the number back and was transferred to tech support. I told the tech I wanted to complete the survey, so he said he'd transfer me over to the survey but before he does, he wanted to input my MEID number under my account, as he only had my telephone number there.

Well, when I gave him my MEID number - read off my phone (Settings>About Phone>Phone Identity) - he said, "So you have the Incredible 2?" I corrected him and said that I had the Rezound. His response, "Well, that's weird...why is your MEID attached to an Incredible 2?" I dunno...:eek::confused:

So since that phone call, I'm wondering...is the Rezound the same as the Incredible 2? If not, why is my MEID showing that it is? (I bought the phone, brand new, in a Verizon store).

mithed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend has an Incredible 2 and I have the Rezound. I can tell you that our phones are most definitely different. In the hardware department alone I notice a significant difference when I am using her phone for any reason, plus if you hold the two of them side-by-side you can see a difference in screen size and clarity. My Rezound is much quicker in navigating the screens and loading apps, and when you add in LTE is blows the Incredible 2, which is STILL a great phone IMO, out of the water!

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend has an Incredible 2 and I have the Rezound. I can tell you that our phones are most definitely different. In the hardware department alone I notice a significant difference when I am using her phone for any reason, plus if you hold the two of them side-by-side you can see a difference in screen size and clarity. My Rezound is much quicker in navigating the screens and loading apps, and when you add in LTE is blows the Incredible 2, which is STILL a great phone IMO, out of the water!
Well, yes...I do know they are two different phones; I own the Rezound.

However, I'm wondering if the OS is the same on both phones, given what I said in my OP.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, yes...I do know they are two different phones; I own the Rezound.

However, I'm wondering if the OS is the same on both phones, given what I said in my OP.
Well, they are both running android 2.3., so same OS, but many phones are running gb, so that alone doesn't prove much.

RdBrd83

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Something just sounds a little weird about that...

As said above, both are on 2.3 but the software is entirely different. Incredible 2 is Sense 2.1 I believe vs 3.5 on the Rezound.

But your MEID actually isn't software related. It's basically a more complicated serial number identifying your device.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Something just sounds a little weird about that...

As said above, both are on 2.3 but the software is entirely different. Incredible 2 is Sense 2.1 I believe vs 3.5 on the Rezound.

But your MEID actually isn't software related. It's basically a more complicated serial number identifying your device.
Then how come my phone is being identified as the Incredible 2 in the HTC system (per the tech support)? Weird, right? I wonder how many other Rezounds have this...

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Then how come my phone is being identified as the Incredible 2 in the HTC system (per the tech support)? Weird, right? I wonder how many other Rezounds have this...

Not sure why this would be, maybe he typed it wrong? Anyway, look at the model, should be ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty