Why does Sense want authorization to access my Facebook?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
When I clear it, it is like I am reauthorizing it.

I just deleted it again from the Facebook app and when the notification comes back I will try to clear it again and let you know what happens.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a lot of the extras allowed in my Facebook account (dont trust FB, but use it for stalking.. er, keeping track of folks...) so everytime I reboot, the Facebook for Sense app kicks in, and gives me an error message. I go into the 'Settings', 'Applications', all - clear data/force close. It's fine after that - until the next reboot...

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And also as for the notification, there is no way to just clear it. The only way to get rid of the notification is to allow the authorization.

Oh well, it seems harmless but annoying.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
And also as for the notification, there is no way to just clear it. The only way to get rid of the notification is to allow the authorization.

Oh well, it seems harmless but annoying.

Depending on pros and cons of users personal experience. One available perk of rooting is the option to kill Sensebook and use the standard Facebook app. in the market.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Depending on pros and cons of users personal experience. One available perk of rooting is the option to kill Sensebook and use the standard Facebook app. in the market.

I completely agree with this. When we only had temp root I even disabled Facebook because I didn't want Sense to have access to FB data or sync my contacts without permission.