Asurion; UPS ... UGH!

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am rethinking the insurance.

I have several phones and I have insurance on all my highend ones. 100.00 is better than 600.00. 80 months of insurance plus the deductable = a new Rezound! Cheap insurance to me. I don't see how it costs more. If you use it yahoo your set. If you don't use it even better. You don't have to call for the replacement, wait for ups or set up the new.

@skategirl. What would you have done if you didn't have insurance? Always be careful of what advice you consider, and the consequences either way.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have several phones and I have insurance on all my highend ones. 100.00 is better than 600.00. 80 months of insurance plus the deductable = a new Rezound! Cheap insurance to me. I don't see how it costs more. If you use it yahoo your set. If you don't use it even better. You don't have to call for the replacement, wait for ups or set up the new.

@skategirl. What would you have done if you didn't have insurance? Always be careful of what advice you consider, and the consequences either way.

Yeah, I hear ya. I am just frustrated over the runaround I have gotten from Asurion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
To me, insurance isn't worth it. I probably saved over $2500 in insurance premiums on my 4 lines over 10+ years, and as I said, never had to file an insurance claim. Also, in my case, I already have a backup Rezound and also I am eligible to upgrade on one of my lines today. Of course, everyone should evaluate their specific situation. I have not bought any extended protection on any of my electronics in a very long time, and never had a device fail outside of warranty but within a possible insurance.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry you are having the most rotten luck w/ all this going on! I do hope you get your phone later today.

Its a personal preference for me, I need the insurance. I don't want to take any chances of knowing my luck something will happen when I don't have the insurance. I usually cancel it though when its around the time I'm able to upgrade early. That way if something does happen I can get a new phone @ the 2yr contract price and not worry I will be paying the full price of a phone.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had cell phone service for over 10 years, never ever had to get a phone go bad outside of warranty on any of my 4 lines. I did have insurance for a while buy canceled it long ago. I figured, if I had a phone died that wasn't warrantied, i could always call Verizon to get a cpo. Of course, probably would cost more than the subsidized price, but cheaper than retail. Even not, I could push one of the upgrades from the other lines. WORSE case, I pay full retail, it would still be cheaper than the insurance premium and deductible, assuming you only have a failure once in a great while. Of course, if you are accident prone, then insurance may be worth it.

Funny thing about having insurance is, even the pronest to accidents, never know when it's gonna be needed. That pov is nice if you can see it that way but I'm much happier shelling out a few bucks to replace it, over alotta bucks, even if insurance will cost me more in the long run.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. My phone should be to my house around 3:30 this afternoon.

I've been driving the UPS dispatchers crazy. They called me back a few minutes ago with the ETA from the driver.

At least THIS ONE is on the truck and the driver actually has it. YEAH!

Ok ... so all we need is ICS today or tomorrow! LOL!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Funny thing about having insurance is, even the pronest to accidents, never know when it's gonna be needed. That pov is nice if you can see it that way but I'm much happier shelling out a few bucks to replace it, over alotta bucks, even if insurance will cost me more in the long run.

That's why I originally got insurance over 10 years ago. But after a while, never having a claim, I decided to just cancel it. The way I see it about insurance now is that if could afford to pay for it should it get damaged, then I won't buy insurance. So basically, I only buy insurance for car, auto, and home insurance. You have to remember, insurance companies goal is to make money.

kgirl808

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
That's why I originally got insurance over 10 years ago. But after a while, never having a claim, I decided to just cancel it. The way I see it about insurance now is that if could afford to pay for it should it get damaged, then I won't buy insurance. So basically, I only buy insurance for car, auto, and home insurance. You have to remember, insurance companies goal is to make money.

So very true. When you add up the amount of $$ dished out for insurance during the time you have the phone but not having to take advantage of it because by luck or by being careful nothing ever happens to it makes me want to kick myself in the rear. At the same time I don't have the luxury of spending $500-700 for a new one so for now I'll deal w/ spending the $7 every month.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Can we stop talking about insurance now? I'm starting to get irritated by the several thousands of dollars I've spent on health insurance while not having seen a single doctor for the past... 7 years.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Can we stop talking about insurance now? I'm starting to get irritated by the several thousands of dollars I've spent on health insurance while not having seen a single doctor for the past... 7 years.

How about that car insurance I've been paying since I was 18. I haven't gotten into a single accident. Period. *knock on wood*

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
That one is okay with me because car insurance isn't as much specifically for me as it is also to cover any accidental damage or injury to another person or their property.

Health insurance only insures me, and has been forced on me first by Mitt Romney, and then Obama.

It's a bet that I've been losing for the past 7 or so years, and if that money were instead just dumped into an account that accrues interest I'm sure I could have those bionic eye implants everyone will be talking about in five years.

:-$

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I see health insurance as a necessity because I can't afford to pay out of pocket should I require major surgery.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How about that car insurance I've been paying since I was 18. I haven't gotten into a single accident. Period. *knock on wood*

Well, as I said before, I can't afford to pay in case i get into a major accident.
I don't know what state you are in, but in CA, you aren't required to buy car insurance, so long as you can prove financial responsibility in other manners like with a $35k cash deposit or surety bond. Heck, I know some larger employers choose not to carry insurance at all and it is completely legal.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
That one is okay with me because car insurance isn't as much specifically for me as it is also to cover any accidental damage or injury to another person or their property.

Health insurance only insures me, and has been forced on me first by Mitt Romney, and then Obama.

It's a bet that I've been losing for the past 7 or so years, and if that money were instead just dumped into an account that accrues interest I'm sure I could have those bionic eye implants everyone will be talking about in five years.

:-$

Deus Ex style. The next civil war will be between augmented people, and regular humans.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had two claims with Ascerion. Both were without going with their standard delivery option and I ended up getting both faster than expected.

I am not saying your issues are not justified and that they handled it poorly just stating that their are wins as well as epic fails.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, as I said before, I can't afford to pay in case i get into a major accident.
I don't know what state you are in, but in CA, you aren't required to buy car insurance, so long as you can prove financial responsibility in other manners like with a $35k cash deposit or surety bond. Heck, I know some larger employers choose not to carry insurance at all and it is completely legal.

Insurance also protects you from lawsuits. What if you get in an accident and get sued and lose? They could go after any property or assets you have.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

AsurionMobile

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello from Asurion. We just came across your post. We are truly sorry for the delay you experienced in receiving your phone. We know how stressful it is to be without a phone so we work hard to make sure we get our customers their replacements as quickly as possible. Unfortunately in this case, we didn?t live up to your expectations. We value our customers ? especially customers like you who have been with us for years ? and always want to ensure satisfaction.

We?d like to talk to you about this matter at your earliest convenience. Could you please PM us your full name, carrier and best contact number? We will contact you very soon.

Again, sincerest apologies and we look forward to talking with you soon.

Many thanks,
Aaron on behalf of Asurion

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello from Asurion. We just came across your post. We are truly sorry for the delay you experienced in receiving your phone. We know how stressful it is to be without a phone so we work hard to make sure we get our customers their replacements as quickly as possible. Unfortunately in this case, we didn?t live up to your expectations. We value our customers ? especially customers like you who have been with us for years ? and always want to ensure satisfaction.

We?d like to talk to you about this matter at your earliest convenience. Could you please PM us your full name, carrier and best contact number? We will contact you very soon.
E
Again, sincerest apologies and we look forward to talking with you soon.

Many thanks,
Aaron on behalf of Asurion

That's good customer service, they hunt you down in a web forumto make you happy. Can't name to many other businesses that would do that for a client. Very cool, Aaron and crew @ AM, are alright by me.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I sent a PM asking for a contact number so that I could call them. I really didn't want to disclose my information in a PM to someone I am not even sure is Asurion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa