Asurion; UPS ... UGH!

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I sent a PM asking for a contact number so that I could call them. I really didn't want to disclose my information in a PM to someone I am not even sure is Asurion.

I thought maybe they trawler searched for Asurion complaints on the boards and saw your post. Your post makes alot more sense than mine did previously, so much for wishful thinking. Btw, as xx said, smart move, never know who's who these days.

AsurionMobile

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Janet --

We totally understand. It's always good to yield on the side of caution. Please email your full name, carrier and contact information to customersatisfaction@asurion.com. Please reference this forum posting in your email. I'll alert our Customer Care team to be on the look out for your email and they'll contact you ASAP.

Kind Regards,
Aaron on behalf of Asurion

AsurionMobile

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Janet,

I've just contacted our Customer Care department and they're on standby for your email with your contact information. Apologies on not being able to immediately PM you back. We haven't responded much on this forum and do not yet have enough "points" to send private messages.

All the best,

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for looking out for me.

Aaron, I just need to ask this question.

What level of customer service rep will I be speaking to about my issue? Also, I am not sure what will even come out of a discussion with Asurion customer service.

Janet

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Janet --

We totally understand. It's always good to yield on the side of caution. Please email your full name, carrier and contact information to customersatisfaction@asurion.com. Please reference this forum posting in your email. I'll alert our Customer Care team to be on the look out for your email and they'll contact you ASAP.

Kind Regards,

Trollface.png

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I have had cell phone service for over 10 years, never ever had to get a phone go bad outside of warranty on any of my 4 lines. I did have insurance for a while buy canceled it long ago. I figured, if I had a phone died that wasn't warrantied, i could always call Verizon to get a cpo. Of course, probably would cost more than the subsidized price, but cheaper than retail. Even not, I could push one of the upgrades from the other lines. WORSE case, I pay full retail, it would still be cheaper than the insurance premium and deductible, assuming you only have a failure once in a great while. Of course, if you are accident prone, then insurance may be worth it.

Before smart phones I never carried insurance. If I killed a phone I figured I could just go out on eBay and pick up a used phone for a pretty low price. Even as my daughters started getting phones I did not worry too much, but 18 months ago she washed her phone while visiting my Mom's house. Cost me $120 to get a used phone. Not great but not too bad.

Now everyone in the family has a Rezound. I am not too worried about me, but teenagers are teenagers and I don't want to be out $600+. Smart phone theft is a big problem and the high school my daughter goes through looks more like a prison. She does not take it everyday, but some days she needs to be able to get with us. Like I said if it was just me, no big deal, I would just use Square Trade, but with teenagers....

AsurionMobile

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Janet --

Our Customer Care team mentioned they had not yet heard from you. Again, please feel free to reach out to them and we'll make sure we do everything we can to ensure you're a satisfied customer.

All the best,

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you must have a rezound, then sure, I could see the point. But you can buy a thunderbolt for around $200 used. Also, like I said before, I have a spare rezound and also an available upgrade. Of course, everyone's situation is different. I am only talking about my specific situation.

Before smart phones I never carried insurance. If I killed a phone I figured I could just go out on eBay and pick up a used phone for a pretty low price. Even as my daughters started getting phones I did not worry too much, but 18 months ago she washed her phone while visiting my Mom's house. Cost me $120 to get a used phone. Not great but not too bad.

Now everyone in the family has a Rezound. I am not too worried about me, but teenagers are teenagers and I don't want to be out $600+. Smart phone theft is a big problem and the high school my daughter goes through looks more like a prison. She does not take it everyday, but some days she needs to be able to get with us. Like I said if it was just me, no big deal, I would just use Square Trade, but with teenagers....