Auto Brightness

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Does any one know of a way to adjust what levels of brightness the phone uses with auto brightness?

Basically my problem is I like having auto brightness kick up the light levels when I'm out side and it does this fine. However when I am in the dark in bed and check my phone, I sear my retinas out. I know it gets dimmer cause I have manually done it. I just want it go completely dim when there is no ambient light.

Not sure if it's possible to adjust this or if there is a market app that might help but figured one of you might.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Does any one know of a way to adjust what levels of brightness the phone uses with auto brightness?

Basically my problem is I like having auto brightness kick up the light levels when I'm out side and it does this fine. However when I am in the dark in bed and check my phone, I sear my retinas out. I know it gets dimmer cause I have manually done it. I just want it go completely dim when there is no ambient light.

Not sure if it's possible to adjust this or if there is a market app that might help but figured one of you might.

If you go into Settings>Display, you can adjust brightness levels manually if you don't like auto levels. I use Brightness widget by curvefish works awesome. One touch access to 0-100%, on the fly. It os ao much nicer than the HTC brightness widget. If zero is to bright for you. Screen filter by haxor is a widget that applys a filter that can literally darken your screen to any output you like.

Dionysusfan

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the tips, I'm hoping I can find something that will use the ambient light sensor, The other day I turned the screen all the way down so it was pleasant to use in bed, but then walking to school the next day I couldn't see the screen enough to turn the brightness back up.