Does anyone regret not getting a Nexus?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Only because I like the idea of vanilla android.

Other than that the phone is crap. Too big, too plastic feeling, bad radios, and traditionally not a good company to do business with. Especially not threw Verizon. Imo the only decent phone that they have ever out out has been the gsII.

It's really a shame too that the phone is the weak link in the equation. The rezound is just a better phone and that is why I choose it. There are some things that are unforgivable in the gnex.

I really hope that Google wises up and uses someone else for the next nexus devise. HTC would be a great choice or even Motorola would be fine. Just someone that makes better phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Other way around, I regret getting the Nexus first. Signal was crap, screen was inferior, camera is a joke in comparison. If my choice is ICS or a working phone, it's a simple choice.

I hope the GNex fans don't see that post, they'll chase you around with torches and pitchforks.

Since the latest update, Bionic is as good, if not better, than any other VZW phone.

Bionic vs Rezound
1ghz(x2) vs 1.5ghz(x2)
540x960 vs 720x1280
256ppi vs 342ppi
2.8f/stop vs 2.2f/stop
BT 2.1 vs BT 3.0
b,g,n wifi vs b,g,n,a wifi

In the Bionic's favor it's apparently got a greater range of hearing aid compatibilities. Certainly not the best phone on the VZW network sorry.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm starting to see an ICS related pattern with you Murph. If it's that important to you. Take your ICS destiny in your own hands. Unlock, and drop a ROM on your phone.
Mr. Smith, there is some truth to that. You, I believe, provided me with a link to download ICS without rooting. Well, the file was so large, it took my computer over 5 hours to download it. After attempting to install it on my phone, I was unsuccessful. So I've tried to download ICS; unsuccessfully.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Smith, there is some truth to that. You, I believe, provided me with a link to download ICS without rooting. Well, the file was so large, it took my computer over 5 hours to download it. After attempting to install it on my phone, I was unsuccessful. So I've tried to download ICS; unsuccessfully.

As someone who has installed ICS on my Rezound without rooting, I would recommend that you try again. It's a nice improvement. The only problem I've had is that my voice over bluetooth sounds bad on the other end. I'm hoping the official release will fix that.

The file is not that large, but the source links we're bogged down at first by too much traffic. That could be the reason it was taking so long for you to download it originally. Also, installing was a little weird. You have to flash the file twice to get it to fully take affect. If it's flashed only once you won't see a change on your phone.

It sounds like you want ICS pretty bad. This is probably the easiest way to get it. If you want vanilla ICS you'll have to root. Otherwise you'll just have to wait. Just don't drink the Nexus cool-aid. It's not as sweet as it seems.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
As someone who has installed ICS on my Rezound without rooting, I would recommend that you try again. It's a nice improvement. The only problem I've had is that my voice over bluetooth sounds bad on the other end. I'm hoping the official release will fix that.

The file is not that large, but the source links we're bogged down at first by too much traffic. That could be the reason it was taking so long for you to download it originally. Also, installing was a little weird. You have to flash the file twice to get it to fully take affect. If it's flashed only once you won't see a change on your phone.

It sounds likes you want ICS pretty bad. This is probably the easiest way to get it. If you want vanilla ICS you'll have to root. Otherwise you'll just have to wait. Just don't drink the Nexus cool-aid. It's not as sweet as it seems.

Here's a question for ya. It says to install on the "root" of the sd card. Where is the"root?"

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would say get a Nexus especially of you love that pure android experience. It is the purest experience you can get of
course. The phone feels great in the hand and the screen is absolutely amazing.

Reactions: axne1

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Every time my nexus would have the mic cut out I regretted that I DID get the nexus especially since I traded in my perfect rezound for said nexus :(

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I admit I do. The Rezound has been good to me, but holy slow batman on the ICS update! I'm due for an upgrade and the Nexus is something I'm putting serious consideration into. Am I nuts giving up my Rezound for a Nexus? I like the idea of a vanilla ICS; the "pure" experience. I don't know. Maybe I just have $200 burning a hole in my pocket.

I have learned to never believe carriers or manufacturers when they claim a device will be upgraded. If it doesn't have it at the time I purchase then I don't plan on it being any different.

I wanted the current os on my phone. The only one offering that is the Galaxy Nexus.

Reactions: axne1

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question for ya. It says to install on the "root" of the sd card. Where is the"root?"

To put something in the root of the SD card means to put in on your SD card without putting it inside any other folder on your SD card.

Your phone calls your SD card "sdcard2" and your computer will see it as "HTC_SD_CARD", unless you have renamed of it.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
To put something in the root of the SD card means to put in on your SD card without putting it inside any other folder on your SD card.

Your phone calls your SD card "sdcard2" and your computer will see it as "HTC_SD_CARD", unless you have renamed of it.

Thanks!

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I hope the GNex fans don't see that post, they'll chase you around with torches and pitchforks.

Bionic vs Rezound
1ghz(x2) vs 1.5ghz(x2)
540x960 vs 720x1280
256ppi vs 342ppi
2.8f/stop vs 2.2f/stop
BT 2.1 vs BT 3.0
b,g,n wifi vs b,g,n,a wifi

In the Bionic's favor it's apparently got a greater range of hearing aid compatibilities. Certainly not the best phone on the VZW network sorry.

In everyday real world use, it's just as good. I think that "a" wi-fi went out in 1956.LOL! Bionic is faster than Rezound, even with 1.2 processor.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In everyday real world use, it's just as good. I think that "a" wi-fi went out in 1956.LOL! Bionic is faster than Rezound, even with 1.2 processor.

I know someone with a bionic, from my observation, the rezound had a More accurate picture. The bionic seemed over saturated. Also, the resound seemed sharper. The person who owned the bionic liked my screen better too. Of course, some people prefer oversaturated , so it isn't necessarily a bad thing,just a matter of personal preference. To me, the screen is very important, and to me, the rezound screen is better to me. For that alone, I would not choose the bionic over the rezound.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
No I am serious. I had the Verizon nexus and sold it because all the other nexus phones were getting updated faster. Verizon slows things up too much.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I admit I do. The Rezound has been good to me, but holy slow batman on the ICS update! I'm due for an upgrade and the Nexus is something I'm putting serious consideration into. Am I nuts giving up my Rezound for a Nexus? I like the idea of a vanilla ICS; the "pure" experience. I don't know. Maybe I just have $200 burning a hole in my pocket.

Yeah money is just burning holes in your pocket. If the three page over 400 post GNex vs. Rezound thread didn't convince you, then these few posts here are not going to calm your resolve. Go try it for a while, maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have so many problems, and if you do you'll have 14 days to get back on the winning team.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87