Mr. Smith ... Help me find the voodoo priest!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Smith ... well, even with the new tab I am still having calendar sync problems.

SOOOOOOOOO, I am now to assume that the problem is on my end somewhere (especially since the new tab is not showing signs of the other Acer issues).

I will keep you posted. I will need to start doing some troubleshooting.

Oh ... if you see the voodoo priest, tell him to take his spell off me! LOL!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Try this: Create a new gmail account, and set that up as the default on your tab. Test the calendar.

Mr. Smith, I will add that to my list of troubleshooting tasks.

But just to give you an idea of how strange this is, there are recurring events in the tablet calendar, but not all of them from my Google calendar online. I have been creating recurring events for years, so I can't really say how far back these tablet recurrences go, but I can tell you that none of them are from within the past year or so. ALL events, however, are in my phone.

So, I just created a one time event from Google calendar on my laptop. I immediately heard the notification on my phone and simultaneously saw the error message on the tab that the calendar had stopped working. The event DID sync on my phone but not on the tab.

I then created an event on the tab. Immediately I saw the error message on the tab that the calendar had stopped working. However, the event appeared on both my phone and the Google calendar on the laptop.

WIERD!!

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Too many events??? Yikes. Yeah I would start with the clean google account. If that works, then maybe clean up the old events on your calendar. Or possibly create a new calendar under your normal account and only show that calendar on the tablet. You can have pretty much as many calendars as you want.

Reactions: skatergirl

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I always have sync issues with my stock calenders for some reason.I have been using acalendar on my tablets for so long I haven't even looked at the calendar on my tf300 yet. Acalendar syncs all my accounts very well.

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I always have sync issues with my stock calenders for some reason.I have been using acalendar on my tablets for so long I haven't even looked at the calendar on my tf300 yet. Acalendar syncs all my accounts very well.

I tried the Acalendar and another calendar. They both synced the same stuff that was already in my calendar. Thanks, though, for the idea.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Too many events??? Yikes. Yeah I would start with the clean google account. If that works, then maybe clean up the old events on your calendar. Or possibly create a new calendar under your normal account and only show that calendar on the tablet. You can have pretty much as many calendars as you want.

Mr. Smith .... Well, I went into a never-used Google account and threw in a few calendar events. I created a recurrence, an all-day recurrence and a one time only.

Guess what ... they are all sitting in my tablet calendar.

I am happy to see that Google calendar sync and ICS are playing together, but that leaves me with an inconvenience or a lot of work because ICS doesn't seem to like something about my regular calendar.

Thanks for passing along the troubleshooting tip.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's what I would do... Add calendars to your original calendar by category.. Holidays, business events, family events, etc.. Then move the original events to the separate calendars.. I would think that would fix your overall issue.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I would do... Add calendars to your original calendar by category.. Holidays, business events, family events, etc.. Then move the original events to the separate calendars.. I would think that would fix your overall issue.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

LOL ... this is almost like an algebra equation for me! I will have to write that out and try to visualize the scenario ... Or just depend on my phone for now for my calendar and make my life a lot easier.

You are soooooo great to keep helping me with this crazy issue!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
OMGoodness how many reoccuring things do you have? I used to have upwards of 200 ish and never crashed the calendar. Might want to also begin moving things from one calendar to the other until it breaks then move that one off and try a different one..

If the different one works you have found one of maybe a couple entries that is causing the issue. of course this is if you really are bored lol

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OMGoodness how many reoccuring things do you have? I used to have upwards of 200 ish and never crashed the calendar. Might want to also begin moving things from one calendar to the other until it breaks then move that one off and try a different one..

If the different one works you have found one of maybe a couple entries that is causing the issue. of course this is if you really are bored lol

I am not sure how many recurrences I have, but I don't even think it is 100.

I suppose I could just add the recurrences to the tab, though I am not sure how that will affect the the sync process with items that are already sitting in my Google calendar.

There just has to be something going on with some of the items, even brand new items that are not recurrences, that ICS doesn't like in regards to my regular calendar. I've never had this problem with any of my phones or computers that sync the calendar.

Not sure if I even want to get a second calendar going, but that is certainly an option. It's an extra step that I don't feel I should have to take. As I said before, I might just stick with my phone for calendar events and say Oh Well to the tab. :(

No matter what I do, it is going to consist of me spending hours doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa