Rezound vs Incredible 4G LTE

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Other than having 4.0 I still think the Rezound is better hands down. The specs alone on the Rezound is above it, especially the screen.

Still should be a good phone though!

Sent from Verizon HTC-R

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I want the s4 processor as well, but other than that its got nothing.

Now if it had a higher res screen and slightly higher specs overal this would be a different conversation. I would love it for its smaller form factor alone. It's a real shame no one will make a 4" screen high end phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Having been in IT for last 15 years I've learned you can base nothing on processor mhz . But I'm pretty sure the only reason they clocked the Rezound at1.5ghz is to help drive the higher resolution screen. Which would explain why even with the higher clock speed the Rezound doesn't perform as well in bench marks as other phones in it's gen.

My guess is the DINC4g will perform quite a bit faster in the benchmarks.

Maybe ICS will help? anyone have any benchmark before and after ICS?

Reactions: Ry

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Having been in IT for last 15 years I've learned you can base nothing on processor mhz . But I'm pretty sure the only reason they clocked the Rezound at1.5ghz is to help drive the higher resolution screen. Which would explain why even with the higher clock speed the Rezound doesn't perform as well in bench marks as other phones in it's gen.

My guess is the DINC4g will perform quite a bit faster in the benchmarks.

Maybe ICS will help? anyone have any benchmark before and after ICS?

The s3 chip is absolutely crap compared to the s4

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The Rezound has a dedicated graphics chip.

I had the chance to do a side by side benchmark using antutu with my rooted Rezound vs a friends Transformer Prime, and the Rezound handled the graphics much better.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Another plus the Inc4g should have over the Rezound is battery life. Smaller CPU die (28nm), integrated LTE radio on the chip, smaller screen with lower resolution, & larger battery. Plus the CPU is underclocked to help with battery life. While the resolution is lower, that resolution on a 4" screen should be pretty good. If they opted to use an SLCD2 like on the One X, it should be sweet. Just sayin'.

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
. While the resolution is lower, that resolution on a 4" screen should be pretty good. If they opted to use an SLCD2 like on the One X, it should be sweet. Just sayin'.

The DINC 4G's screen is qHD Super LCD. I didn't pay too much attention to this phone when announced but the combination of the S4's chip performance and the fact that we know for sure the stock Rezound will never receive Sense 4.0 have me keeping an open mind.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I want the s4 processor as well, but other than that its got nothing.

Now if it had a higher res screen and slightly higher specs overal this would be a different conversation. I would love it for its smaller form factor alone. It's a real shame no one will make a 4" screen high end phone.

Yea my last phone was a G2x with a 4 inch screen and it felt like the perfect size for a screen.

Sent from Verizon HTC-R

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea my last phone was a G2x with a 4 inch screen and it felt like the perfect size for a screen.

Sent from Verizon HTC-R

I still say that a phone with a 4.3" screen with little to no bezel and slim form would be the perfict phone. These rediculous screen size phones are stupid to say the least. They are like small tablets with really crapy battery life.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Another plus the Inc4g should have over the Rezound is battery life. Smaller CPU die (28nm), integrated LTE radio on the chip, smaller screen with lower resolution, & larger battery. Plus the CPU is underclocked to help with battery life. While the resolution is lower, that resolution on a 4" screen should be pretty good. If they opted to use an SLCD2 like on the One X, it should be sweet. Just sayin'.

They have already said the S4 on Inc 4GLTE IS NOT an underclocked S4 - it is a 1.2 GHz S4 - people ASSumed it was underclocked because they couldn't find the exact chipset (YET) of the 1.2 S4. Other than that your points about the specs the Inc 4GLTE on right on - not to mention the more manageable size (4.8x2.5x.45 and 4.5 oz vs. 5.08x.2.7x.54 and 6 oz on the Rezound). The 720P, S3, non-integrated LTE chip set, smaller battery(1620) make for really mediocre battery life on the Rezound. Saying get the extended battery on an already big/fat phone is not a good solution. That being said, almost everyone on AC that has one (look at the forums) loves their Rezound - great screen, great radios (phone and LTE). Just way too big for me (all of the 4.3" phones are too big for my taste). I love my Dinc 2 and the Inc 4GLTE is going to be the perfect upgrade.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I love my fat rezound I plan on making it fatter. I will take a vw that does 150 over a Porsche that breaks down all the time. Not saying the inc2 will, just saying.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by piizzadude
I love my fat rezound I plan on making it fatter. I will take a vw that does 150 over a Porsche that breaks down all the time. Not saying the inc2 will, just saying.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Porsche has one better reliability records out there.
And the fatal flaw of a motor that's almost behind the rear axel. Ahh Europeans and their ability to recognize and fix bad ideas over time:rolleyes:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The Incredible line is not unreliable. They are probably the most stable phone line over time on VZW.

If anything the rezound should have been badged as an incredible. It shares a similar design to the inc2, and the inc4g is going to have the exact same design, just smaller. I guess HTC thinks they have the Verizon customer figured out lol

O and I am pretty sure that the rezound has by far the best current track record as far as reliability goes.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The Incredible line is not unreliable. They are probably the most stable phone line over time on VZW.

As I stated in the rest of my post that you didn't quote, I wasn't talking about the incredible. Just in general. So far it has been hard to find fault with rezzy even if she is chunkier then let's say, the nexus. Let me correct that. The gnex.

Great now I invoked their name and all the iNexus* users will be here to tell us we suck. Hope you all are happy.

* trademark and copyright pending.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa