New SIM Standard

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, our Rezound is harboring antiquated hardware that will now be 2 generations old. Dare I say the Rezound is becoming...outdated? :-X
I'm heavily exaggerating, though. There's a new damn SIM card standard. As if the Micro SIM wasn't giving you enough headaches, there'll be a newer version on the next, next generation of phones.

New smaller SIM format gets standardized, shrinks 40 percent -- Engadget

Reactions: MrSmith317

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nah, you won't need a nano SIM until you get a phone that requires one and Verizon will furnish that for free. I got my micro-SIM free when I got my GNex. I kept my standard SIM too...not that it works anymore...

Yeah, Verizon provides free Sims. But a PITA for those switching between devices.

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Nah, you won't need a nano SIM until you get a phone that requires one and Verizon will furnish that for free. I got my micro-SIM free when I got my GNex. I kept my standard SIM too...not that it works anymore...

Well that's good. Don't feel bad I kept my old t-mobile micro sim for 8 months after I had already switched to verizon.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

So what's the deal with the old SIM? Is it dead for life? I'm not seeing any reason to keep it, other than it's tech related and so I feel inclined to hoard it.
I ask because I'm a couple of hours away from getting a new one at VZW.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So what's the deal with the old SIM? Is it dead for life? I'm not seeing any reason to keep it, other than it's tech related and so I feel inclined to hoard it.
I ask because I'm a couple of hours away from getting a new one at VZW.

It will be dead within 90 days per verizon. I have found that once a new sim card has been assigned, that that time can be less than a day. I always keep one that hasn't been activated as a spare.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana