Is HTC Inspire a good phone?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My 21 yr old boy is wanting off my Verizon tit and wants to do the $45 straight talk deal. He had been looking for an att iPhone for cheap, but I am seeing several of the Inspires from AT&T for reasonable. Figure he can maybe do one of those instead of the iPhone. He is not into rooting and all that, just needs a stable phone.

I figure you folks here would know if it is a good phone.

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I know someone with an Inspire. It is basically the ATT version of the Sensation line of HTC phones. It has a single core instead of dual core (like our Rezound). The rezound is also based of the Sensation, but it's a bit more beefed up. Rezound 1.5ghz snapdraggon vs Inspire's 1 ghz. Rezound has a bit more memory.

Think of the inspire as an older Rezound...without the awesome screen. It is a battery hog like the Rezound, but it is a stable phone. It runs Gingerbread, and I know there are ICS roms out there for it, but that might be the end of the line for it, but you said he's not into rooting (not really sure why anyone isn't, but I digress). For a no contract phone, it's ok.

Me personally, I would find a Gnex to use instead, but that is me. Not sure what they are going for used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez