Updated to ICS while rooted. Possible to fix?

Stoney Mason

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking for some help. My brother has a htc verizon rezound phone. It was rooted but he did the update through the phone to the offical ics update without unrooting first and now it isn't working. Is there any way to fix this situation? Thx in advance.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Now it isn't working... please expand on this.. I can guess at what you are trying to say but would like to make sure.

1) is the phone not working
2) is root not working
3) did the end of the world happen
4) ignore 3

Stoney Mason

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone isn't working. I'll provide a bit more detail when he brings over the phone for me to take a look at after work this evening. I just posted this ahead of time in case anybody had encountered this situation before.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If you get to the white HTC screen, it's fixable. You will probably have to relock download the ruu, rename it and flash it in hboot. Mr smith has a guide in the developers section on doing this.

Stoney Mason

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get to the white HTC screen, it's fixable. You will probably have to relock download the ruu, rename it and flash it in hboot. Mr smith has a guide in the developers section on doing this.

Okay he brought it over and it indeed is stuck on this screen. Could I get a link for this guide you mention?

Thank you.

RichardCA2

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me. You have to download the RUU, relock, install the RUU, and start from scratch, as if you were configuring a brand new phone.

If you plan to re-unlock, do this before you configure anything since it will force a factory reset under the updated ROM. Do all your re-unlocking and re-rooting before you install any apps or else you will lose your work.

However once this was done everything is good. I was never a fan of OTA's in the first place.

Stoney Mason

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I did everything I think I was supposed to. It's now running on a default RUU and it loads up properly and everything but I can't seem to connect to the network. It just puts an x over it in the status menu up top. When I go to software update, under check new it says the network is not ready. Is there something else I need to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue