Hoping to get my mom a Rezound!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, my mom's Droid Pro broke today (which is OK because I don't like that phone) and she is going to need a new phone. Unfortunately she cannot upgrade until Sept. 30 and Verizon is getting really strict about early upgrades. Verizon used to always allow an early upgrade up to 30 days early, but I have yet to find someone at Verizon to pull the early upgrade trigger.

Anyway, a girl on the phone told me the Rezound would still be on sale for $79 on Sept. 30. I don't know if this is true and I still think I am going to make a few more phone calls to see if I can find someone to upgrade her phone early. Unfortunately she is going to have to use a spare dumbphone for at least two weeks if I can't get an early upgrade for her.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, my mom's Droid Pro broke today (which is OK because I don't like that phone) and she is going to need a new phone. Unfortunately she cannot upgrade until Sept. 30 and Verizon is getting really strict about early upgrades. Verizon used to always allow an early upgrade up to 30 days early, but I have yet to find someone at Verizon to pull the early upgrade trigger.

Anyway, a girl on the phone told me the Rezound would still be on sale for $79 on Sept. 30. I don't know if this is true and I still think I am going to make a few more phone calls to see if I can find someone to upgrade her phone early. Unfortunately she is going to have to use a spare dumbphone for at least two weeks if I can't get an early upgrade for her.

Ok ... so here's a little twist to my mamma's phone drama.

I get home after an 11-hour work day and I am tired, but I go right to her house because I have a nagging suspicion about that phone and I am thinking that it just isn't charged.

I walk in, put the phone on the charger and see that the battery is at zero percent. So, I let it charge and about 15-20 minutes later the battery is at about 10 percent. In another 15-20 minutes it is at 20 percent so I powered it up and the phone works just fine.

My mom has always had these phone issues because sometimes she just doesn't get the charger in the phone correctly, but the guy at the Verizon store told her the phone was broken and that she should file an insurance claim for $100.

What the heck!? Is no one at Verizon trained anymore? I talked to one guy on the phone today and I swear he said "um" like every other word.

Verizon might have good coverage but that is about all it's got.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Store employees are hit and miss and vary by location... where I am the corporate store is pretty good and the people are friendly and generally pretty knowledgeable, 100 miles north of me in Minot, ND, the Verizon corporate store employees have never been helpful (bordering ignorant in my opinion) and most of the time even "nice" would even be a questionable statement about how they treat people, so your situation is not abnormal, if I get an answer like that I usually try to get a second opinion.

Anyway, to what I was going to get at... if I was going to get a phone now, especially for someone who has a tendency to not plug it in, or not plug it in correctly, I would avoid the Rezound actually, the charge port is less than wonderful and the battery life is not really great. The Motorola Razr M or the Razr Maxx would probably be much better choices actually, don't get me wrong, I love the Rezound, but it isn't the right phone for everyone.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like she's a great candidate for a wireless charging solution. Costly, but it sounds like she needs it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Store employees are hit and miss and vary by location... where I am the corporate store is pretty good and the people are friendly and generally pretty knowledgeable, 100 miles north of me in Minot, ND, the Verizon corporate store employees have never been helpful (bordering ignorant in my opinion) and most of the time even "nice" would even be a questionable statement about how they treat people, so your situation is not abnormal, if I get an answer like that I usually try to get a second opinion.

Anyway, to what I was going to get at... if I was going to get a phone now, especially for someone who has a tendency to not plug it in, or not plug it in correctly, I would avoid the Rezound actually, the charge port is less than wonderful and the battery life is not really great. The Motorola Razr M or the Razr Maxx would probably be much better choices actually, don't get me wrong, I love the Rezound, but it isn't the right phone for everyone.

You are correct about the Rezound charging port being less than wonderful and yes, the battery is not great either. That being said, I don't think (or hope) I have to worry about picking a new phone for her now until May, unless I leave Verizon over its poor customer service and then that date would vary. I have her phone set to never sleep during charging so I told her that if her phone is on the charger and her screen is black that she needs to pull the charger out and put back in correctly.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That port is the only thing I hated about the Rezound. I am glad that in the end it was something simple, now you can hold out for the rez2

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That port is the only thing I hated about the Rezound. I am glad that in the end it was something simple, now you can hold out for the rez2

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

Yes ... the rez2 will be cool. Perhaps the charging port will be better as well.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
See here is where i disagree. I like the charing port for the rezound. Please bear in mind though that I do no use the normal charging cable for the phone. I use the cable that came with the Palm Pre Plus which is a micro USB port. the only thing i have to do it turn the cable upside down and it works beautifully.

Hmm Rezound 2.... that might tempt me off this phone I have to say I think I'll be sticking with HTC since at least they let me unlock my phone unlike my wifes Razr.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am a huge fan of HTC. Not Motorola phone or LG. I don't have problems with the charging port. My battery life is pretty good. I can get to to 14 hours. The Maxx is too big for me. A friend of mine has it. Lags a lot. I have no issues with my Rezound

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I was going to suggest you give her your Rezound and upgrade to the SGS3 Janet. But since you got it all solved..you can give her your Rezound and upgrade to the Galaxy Note 2 ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:48 AM ----------

See here is where i disagree. I like the charing port for the rezound. Please bear in mind though that I do no use the normal charging cable for the phone. I use the cable that came with the Palm Pre Plus which is a micro USB port. the only thing i have to do it turn the cable upside down and it works beautifully.

Hmm Rezound 2.... that might tempt me off this phone I have to say I think I'll be sticking with HTC since at least they let me unlock my phone unlike my wifes Razr.

Moto is only unlocking phones going forward and where the carrier has agreed to it, so it's highly unlikely that any Motorola phone on Verizon will be unlocked.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was going to suggest you give her your Rezound and upgrade to the SGS3 Janet. But since you got it all solved..you can give her your Rezound and upgrade to the Galaxy Note 2 ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Sounds like an idea!!

Moto is only unlocking phones going forward and where the carrier has agreed to it, so it's highly unlikely that any Motorola phone on Verizon will be unlocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa