Odd battery symbol

Amber Rose

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
the power went out where i live and my phone was plugged in witout a surge protector... both the usb cable and the plugin are now fried.... i think. my phone will not stay on when not conected to a power source and the battery symbol is all grey with an exclamation point, though the internal guage says that it is fine. Could a surge have fried me battery and if so will a new one fix the issue. Any advice would be greatly apreciated

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
the power went out where i live and my phone was plugged in witout a surge protector... both the usb cable and the plugin are now fried.... i think. my phone will not stay on when not conected to a power source and the battery symbol is all grey with an exclamation point, though the internal guage says that it is fine. Could a surge have fried me battery and if so will a new one fix the issue. Any advice would be greatly apreciated
A surge could do all kinds of damage to the charger and battery (the circuitry inside the battery is more easily damaged than the battery itself, and possibly the cable but it is not likely.

The first thing I would do is power the phone off, remove the battery, wait about 10 minutes then reinsert the battery and power back up. If the problem continues I would replace the battery, they can be purchased on Amazon for under $10 shipped, or you can get two batteries, and external charger, and case for about $20 from Laza on Amazon.