Anyone still not get the update

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm a noob...

I downloaded an update for the first time last night. As far as I can tell the only difference is the 3G graphic and it popped up saying there is a data use widget. I also never used mobile hotspot. How can I tell if I have the newest update lol?

Has your phone stopped rebooting lol

Just go to settings-about phone-software information and the new build # should be 1.70.6.0.

VegasAlien

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have not been able to get the update here in Las Vegas. I have been getting the "service unavailable" for the last 3 weeks. Pissed off that the EVO has both gingerbread and an update to it.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Still can't get the update, but just wanted to bring up something I noticed.

It's been over a week since my phone has rebooted. I never had bad reboot problems to begin with (it was only like once a day), but it's been close to two weeks since I've had one. It's also been over a week since I've had the problem of getting stuck with 1X, and having to use LTE OnOff to force it into 3G. Usually that happens 3-4 days a week, and it's been quite a while.

I know for sure I don't have the newest update, as my info for the software version is still the MR1 stuff. But I can't help but wonder why my phone hasn't had any issues in over a week. Not that I'm complaining, of course, but it just seems odd.

Klobius

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I am downloading my update as we speak in Fargo, ND. I was having disappearing software update box up until about a half hour ago. Have patience, it will come.

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine tonight. I did have the vanishing window update also. Don't worry to who ever has not gotten the update. It will come.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I rejected the update. I have had my phone for 2 weeks and have not had a single reboot or any major issues with it. At this time I have no need for the update. Plus, I still have my free hotspot (for now at least)

leeyac

May 7, 2011
Visit site
:p Seems like I found a way to keep free tethering by avoiding the update -- which is fine with me, because I never had any of these rebooting issues.
Me too. I had it rooted . I then unrooted and I get the free Mobile hotspot without the messages. My Problem is just a slow locking GPS.
I'll live with that.:p