Battery Rockin' after update

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am in the battery life is better camp too with this update. As I stated in other threads, I am getting 15+ hours and still have 50% battery. That is on the stock battery.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Today, I'm headed to the nearest LTE area (Montgomery). Will report back later on how LTE affects battery life and overall operation. I would expect it to be similar to back in mid June when I spent a week in Denver on LTE with the previously leaked MR2 update (June 10). At that time I really didn't notice any increase in battery drain on LTE versus 3G. Overall, I've noticed the biggest drain always seems to come from weak or no signal where the phone is constantly trying to find a tower. Even my old feature phones would do the same thing under similar conditions.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed something awesome regarding the battery! It no longer loses like 30% when rebooting!

I just remembered it was an issue for me and I used to reboot and easily go from like 60% batt to 30% battery on one reboot.

I just rebooted twice to make sure I wasnt going crazy and my battery only dropped 2% after two full restarts!

Thanks HTC!

nat72sherman

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
main reason i rooted was because of battery life. i'm on cm7 and pretty happy with it right now. Was on bamf, and that was a battery sucker too. Anybody on 4g and improved battery life? wonder if i should unroot for this.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm back at home now in a 3G area after spending 3 hours in LTE (with heavy use) around Montgomery. It's been about 6 total hours now (from a fully charged standard battery), and the battery still has about 35% left. :D

Last edited:

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My idle current usage has been cut in half.

Before the update, I had a 38-42 mA current draw when idle, and about 63 mA while playing podcasts through my bluetooth headphones.

After the update, I have a 19-20 mA current draw when idle, and 32 mA while playing podcasts through my bluetooth headphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez