Do you regret getting a Thunderbolt?

Do you regret getting a Thunderbolt?

• Total voters

groupdelay

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there were any that voted yes, that were/are rooted and running a custom ROM

Yes. I personally think the custom roms run worse over all than the stock firmware. And yes I have tried various ROMs, kernals and added patches and I know what I am doing. Although the roms add lots of new features and some significant improvements...It's not good enough. It's great for those that like to tinker and personal use, but it terrible for those that rely on the phone for business purposes.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you're waiting for your upgrade in December, I think it's a waste of time to read about the Thunderbolt. Don't get me wrong, I am in love with this phone, but the stuff that will be available by the end of the year is likely to blow this phone out of the water. I haven't kept up with the rumor mill, but I'll bet that there will even be a dual core HTC phone that will render this one obsolete on Verizon.

Not by the end of this year. There will be quad core phones running Ice Cream Sandwich by this time next year that will do that.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Haha after all the time I waited for this phone, I dont regret a thing about it. Everything is gonna have it's hiccups nothings perfect. Honestly after having three moto phones, having an HTC product is a good change. I love the BOLT :cool:

timnyc

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Haha after all the time I waited for this phone, I dont regret a thing about it. Everything is gonna have it's hiccups nothings perfect. Honestly after having three moto phones, having an HTC product is a good change. I love the BOLT :cool:
I am pleased to have seen this forum thread talking positively about The Thunderbolt (and it's absolutely needed extended battery for me to use it for school and work streaming audio and videos too)
This will be an unexpected exchange of the beautiful (for me the way i have it set up) Samsung Droid Charge that I have that is 100% fine for me for the next 20 months except IT DOESN'T WORK ON 3G at more than .68Mbps/.90Mbps download / upload in midtown NYC.....
and then goes down to 1x....................i think the thunderbolt might be far better in this and other regards BUT i see maybe it's verizon system problem it is late who knows .
But i have YET to shop for an thunderbolt with extended battery case as letstalk, the people that handle all accessory calls for htc say they have none. I am sure there'll will be a digital camera case that'll do just fine. This will be my 1st purchase of 1st generation anything and there are so may angry comments as well as good ones about htc and the thunderbolt
but enough of this all three current 4g phones from verizon are '1st gen.'
In the Samsung case the radio in the samsung droid charge not being strong enough or whatever hypothesis turns out to be true to make 3g not work while 4g is way fast is it's one fatal flaw.
Samsung are working on it with Verizon since 7/5/11 as dialogued in the verizon wireless vzw forums for the samsung droid charge that is being exchanged as i have until 6/22 to decide whether to get this Thunderbolt as the LG Revolution is not that popular. Or sell the charge pay the $350 and be glad i didn't end my tmobile plan of 10 years yet! :) quit while i am ahead due to too many problems in all 3 verizon 4g phones...
- tnyc

timnyc

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I am pleased to have seen this forum thread talking positively about The Thunderbolt (and it's absolutely needed extended battery for me to use it for school and work streaming audio and videos too)
This will be an unexpected exchange of the beautiful (for me the way i have it set up) Samsung Droid Charge that I have that is 100% fine for me for the next 20 months except IT DOESN'T WORK ON 3G at more than .68Mbps/.90Mbps download / upload in midtown NYC.....
and then goes down to 1x....................i think the thunderbolt might be far better in this and other regards BUT i see maybe it's verizon system problem it is late who knows .
But i have YET to shop for an thunderbolt with extended battery case as letstalk, the people that handle all accessory calls for htc say they have none. I am sure there'll will be a digital camera case that'll do just fine. This will be my 1st purchase of 1st generation anything and there are so may angry comments as well as good ones about htc and the thunderbolt
but enough of this all three current 4g phones from verizon are '1st gen.'
In the Samsung case the radio in the samsung droid charge not being strong enough or whatever hypothesis turns out to be true to make 3g not work while 4g is way fast is it's one fatal flaw.
Samsung are working on it with Verizon since 7/5/11 as dialogued in the verizon wireless vzw forums for the samsung droid charge that is being exchanged as i have until 6/22 to decide whether to get this Thunderbolt as the LG Revolution is not that popular. Or sell the charge pay the $350 and be glad i didn't end my tmobile plan of 10 years yet! :) quit while i am ahead due to too many problems in all 3 verizon 4g phones...
- tnyc
UH OH OH MY I JUST read this at androidforums.com!

"Just sent back my thunderbolt because of this issue!! Droid charge on the way, I really thought it was phone specific, so sad to hear its a 4g phone issue. My thunderbolt kept switching from 4g to 1X to 3g ....it was so friggen annoying!!! Why isn't everyone complaining about this? How can the problem exist on all three thunderbolts I've had ? and now I'm finding out it exist for Droid Charge owners too..THIS SUCKS!! not looking forward to my charge now :-("

OmahaPlaya

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Having come from a Storm 2 (WORST PHONE EVER) I don't regret getting my Thunderbolt. I've loved every minute of it even when I was getting the reboots.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
No regrets what so ever. I thoroughly researched before getting the Thunderbolt back at the end of March and am still very happy with it. I still look around to see what's coming for new phones and don't see anything that even peaks my interest in comparison. I really like every aspect of the Thunderbolt from its design and operation. My only want at this point is some LTE love where I live. :p

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
No regrets what so ever. I thoroughly researched before getting the Thunderbolt back at the end of March and am still very happy with it. I still look around to see what's coming for new phones and don't see anything that even peaks my interest in comparison. I really like every aspect of the Thunderbolt from its design and operation. My only want at this point is some LTE love where I live. :p

+1

Spiderbiter

May 2, 2011
Visit site
No- mine has worked as expected (not necessarily as 'hyped') since day one. My only minor complaints, and they are minor, would be speaker quality and volume control while in speakerphone, and visual ques when you have email or messages waiting leave a lot to be desired. Other than that I am very happy with the way the phone has performed. I purchased the extended batt when I bought the phone too, and I havnt even had to go to that, since the batt life hasnt been all that horrible (I resist installing it to save on the added bulk of the larger batt cover). So ya, overall I am very happy w/the bolt.

bcoley

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
This question caused me to pause a bit before answering no, I do not regret buying a Thunderbolt. The reason for the pause was the lack of urgency or contrition with which HTC and Verizon responded to the issues created (for many, but not for all) by MR1. Now that I can depend on the phone not to reboot and GPS connects quickly, I am very pleased.

Highwaystar131

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I do not regret my purchase in the least bit. Hands down, it's the best phone I've ever had (especially since I came from the worst phone I've ever had, Sprint's Samsung Moment). I don't even run any custom software on it (all stock). I only had it reboot on me once soon after I bought the phone, and I have not had the widespread problems I've read about on here (I had one specific problem that was quickly and easily cleared up).

There's no such thing as a perfect phone, but this is as close as I've seen to one and I am damn proud to be a Thunderbolt owner!

l0wr1d3r

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd regret getting a TB if it wasn't grandfathered into unlimited data/hotspot. But since that isn't the case, no regrets, even running stock... the phone has been rock solid ever since that last update, and Netflix is just icing on the froyo. Maybe I'll consider rooting when VZ et al stop supporting the device.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No, but I got it with a one year contract when Verizon was still offering them. Don't get me wrong, I've never had a significant issue with my Thunderbolt except slow GPS lock times, which the latest update fixed. It's fast and LTE is awesome, but I'll take or leave Sense. It's just that before I bought it, in a shocking moment of foresight, I realized that I didn't want to be locked into a single core, first run LTE phone for two years. Again, I love this phone, but it's going to age quickly, especially when the new Nexus arrives.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Love this phone, as for the weak battery I got a charger and 2 batteries off ebay for 15 bucks and everything else works great. Haven't had any reboot or lock up issues but it does take forever got gps to work.
no regrets.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I love this thing and so does my wife (she bought the I-poop 4 and is jealous)

Same here. I always find my self half justifying the iPhone everytime I show here some sick android/ Thunderbolt stuff just so she won't feel bad. Lol

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk