Android Market Update?

markwny153

May 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems that my Market app updated last night. Now there are only 4 apps listed under My Apps. I tried deleting data in manage apps... No help. I tried installing a free app and installing... No help. Any ideas?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It seems that my Market app updated last night. Now there are only 4 apps listed under My Apps. I tried deleting data in manage apps... No help. I tried installing a free app and installing... No help. Any ideas?
Pull battery and sim. Wait 3 minutes. Reinsert all and retry. Usually, anything from this to a simple reboot will bring it around. But occasionally it takes a few tries.

-Frank

Last edited:

markwny153

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, that didn't fix it either. On a positive note, I visited the Android Market support page where they have a list of known issues. It's already there at the head of the new issues list. It says they are working it.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Got the new market pushed sometime last night. All MyApps showed up. (Including yet another update for the useless Blockbuster app...LOL) Sorry to hear you had an issue Mark.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Got the new market pushed sometime last night. All MyApps showed up. (Including yet another update for the useless Blockbuster app...LOL) Sorry to hear you had an issue Mark.
Does yours have an "update" choice for Blockbuster? Does yours notifiy you every time that there is an update for Blockbuster?

When I was notified of an update, mine didn't have the update icon. It only had "Uninstall" and "Open". I actually did want to update it because I actually do use it. Anyway, I chose "unininstall" thinking then I could get the newer version (the version number is listed on the screen and it is newer - even though I also updated Blockbuster in the last month using the old Market). It appears like the "uninstall" didn't do anything except remove the "uninstall" icon form my update notification. Now, I get prompted to update Blockbuster every time I go into the new Market but there is no "update" button, only "Open".

My Blockbuster app does still work okay. Although, while trying to fix the above problem I cleared data and cache a few times and I had to activate the device again - Argghhhh. Of course, then I'd get the "there's already a device with that name" error. Argghhh again! Went through that crap 3 times before I got it right, and quit! :)

-Frank

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah just tried to Update it and QR Droid. QR Droid worked fine but Blockbuster has the same issue you are seeing. Says it is new version 2.3 but no Update happens. Tried the uninstall like you did. Now that's gone. Really odd.

I'm on BBuster version 1.0.82. Opened app and from settings tried to "check for update" right from the app and it says there is none.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana