Finally got rid of dx

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got the tb got to say this thing is so much better then the Droid x I will never get another MOTO product in my life so laggy always reset can't listen to music and it nice to have a camera that actually works and looks good I will stick with HTC from here on out sorry for the rant just glad to get away from MOTO

ses020570#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
TBolt rocks! You made a good move. Although, I still think Motorola produces solid hardware. The OTA that the DX received was unpolished and caused the phone to go nuts - in turn, making all of us go nuts! HTC makes a solid product - but as you know, the TBolt had its ups and downs following launch. This is no reflection on the hardware, rather, it was that HTC and Verizon rushed the product so Big Red could have the first 4GLTE device on the market.

You will love the TBolt..... my employer provides me with the HTC Evo 4G and that is what pushed me to move toward HTC.

Congrats and welcome to our community! I think we are all a fairly friendly - but honest - bunch!

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes and yea the gb update for the x really hurt it but so far the tb is just smooth just wish I was in a 4g area. I have a question this might be stupid but I was trying to use Skype for video calls but u can't use the front camera is there an app that does allow use of the front camera? Like for phone to pc video calls

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
You might try Yahoo Messenger, Qik Video Chat (Peer check on this? Haven't used it), Tango, or ooVoo, those are the main ones I know of that support Front Facing Camera (FFC) video chat.

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same exact boat as you. Ditched my DX for the TB. Don't get me wrong though, the DX was a great phone, I didn't nor couldn't find anything wrong with it... prior to Gingerbread. That just totally killed the phone. Then of course the lovely VZW support could only offer me previously broken replacements that were all updated, so they kept doing the same thing. Went through 5 in a matter of 3 weeks and finally had enough of it. So far I am enjoying the hell out of my TB and hopefully when I get my extended battery and mobi case, it will be even better!

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Anytime. After the debacle with MR1, I highly doubt that VZN/HTC will let Gingerbread mess up the phone that way.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I too have come from the land of the DX. I really enjoyed the DX. Perhaps because it was my first... droid, but it was well built, the screen was gorgeous and it got the job done.

Love the TB, and the transition was smooth. Bat life is a bit of a killer but you gotta have chargers everywhere. haah.

anyway, welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
textura