Problem with Stock Mail App and Microsoft Exchange meeting invite

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
My company uses Microsoft Outlook to for email and to schedule meetings. I get the meeting invite through the exchange server but it doesn't show the proposed meeting time on the stock email app. The only way I can tell when the proposed meeting is is to go in the menu and select the option to propose a new meeting time, which will show the scheduled meeting time. Then I have to be careful to cancel out without changing anything. After that, I then know whether I can except the meeting request.
This is a HTC issue because on my DX and DX2 I was able to immediately see the proposed time and it even told me whether I had a conflict.
This is kind of frustrating because I usually get two to three meeting requests a day.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

LuminalDust

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Problem with Stock Mail App and Microsoft Exchange meeting in

I wrote to HTC about this a while back.

Here is their answer:

I understand that when receiving an invite via Exchange on your HTC Thunderbolt, you cannot see the details of the invite unless you forward it or propose a new time. This appears to be an issue with Exchange 2007 servers. I do apologize for any inconvenience but there is not currently a fix in place at this time. One thing that you may want to try is using an alternate mail app from the Market such as K-9 Mail or Touchdown.

I'm using Exchange 2010 and have the same issue. It's very frustrating.

jdg1

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problem with Stock Mail App and Microsoft Exchange meeting in

It's strange that the Motorola Droids I had before don't have this problem. It's not enough for me to ditch my TB, which I love, but frustrating that the stock email app can't handle invites.

petestl

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ditch the stock app and go with Touchdown. You'll have all kinds of added functionality (like HTML formatted emails). I would have ditched mine too if I hadn't found this. You may need a little help from your IT dept getting the initial settings set up correctly.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty