3 way calling problem...

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this already has a thread but I searched and could not find it.

When I am on a call and i receive another call, I try to hang up on the previous call, I lose all parties. I pressed end call on the party that has the green dot next to it just like the manual says and it still drops all parties. Is this an old bug that they forgot about? Is there a fix? Is my phone defective?

Thanks!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if this already has a thread but I searched and could not find it.

When I am on a call and i receive another call, I try to hang up on the previous call, I lose all parties. I pressed end call on the party that has the green dot next to it just like the manual says and it still drops all parties. Is this an old bug that they forgot about? Is there a fix? Is my phone defective?

Thanks!
AFAIK,

This is not 3-way calling. 3-way calling is when you initiate two calls from your own handset and you are connected to two other parties and you can all hear each other.

The situation you describe is call-waiting. I know of no way to hangup on only one caller. I think you just have to go that line and say goodbye to one caller and let them hangup themselves.

-Frank

Last edited:

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
OOP!!! ACK!!! You're right. Sorry about that. I meant to title it Call waiting. Mods if you could be so kind to change the title to" Call Waiting problem", it would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is, even though they wouldn't hang up, the line would sometimes not hang up and other incoming calls are not able to get through. It happens to my wife numerous times and one of the incidents I couldn't get through for at least 15 mins during an emergency.