Network Connection Problems

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my TB last week and I sometimes lose network connection. I am in a 3G area (never 4G) and TB has been updated to Gingerbread.

I normally have a network connection with no problem and I also have wifi turned on. If I lose network connection I shut off the wifi and sometimes the network connection comes back. If it does not come back I then shut off the radio signal and then turn it back on and then I always get the network connection back.

Is anyone else having this type of problem and do you have any solutions? Since I only have the TB since last week it has always had the Gingerbread update so I do not know if that is part of the upgrade.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't have anything to do with this but if you aren't using the WiFi turn it off. Will help with the battery.

And the Thunder rolls!

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There have always been reports of data connetivity problems, initially this seemed to mostly affect 4G connections and 4G/3G transitions. I have lost 3G connections much more frequently since the GB OTA update. This was also noticed by people who flashed some of the leaked radios. Some seemed to prefer 4G connections while others seemed to prioritize 3G connections, but this varied among users so some recommended that people try multiple radios to see which one worked best on a given phone in a given area.

Thanks, Robrecht

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I have had this problem since the beginning. I randomly lose mobile network. Sometimes there is no connection even when 3G icon on the taskbar. I have to go into the settings and turn the mobile network off and turn it on again to get it to work. Once in a while even that does not work and I have to reboot the phone. I have been told it's a known problem. Some units have it some don't. If there is a fix, I am not aware of it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same symptoms, but in my case I suspect the culprit was a conflict between the 2x battery app and my TB. Uninstalled the app and am ok for the last 24 hours.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using TapaTalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Can also try removing the battery and the SIM card for a few seconds. That straightened out my brother's internet issue. I made that suggestion to him.
I don't recommend as I stated before keeping WIFI on unless you are using it

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have lost it once in while before GB but more often now with GB I am in a 3g area. Most times I only go into settings and turn wireless setting off/on and that fixes it, but sometimes I have to restart phone if that doesnt work and that always fixes it. I have never had to do the blackberry battery pull or sim card.

dins93

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
i have this issue to - i went to the verizon store near me and they had me go into settings, applications, all and then reset google services.
this works sometimes - but not all -
the rebooting thing is getting really annoying b/c it can take up to SIX mins for the phone to reboot - i'm also experiencing ringtone issues - ringtones i had set up for my family/friends are all screwed up - and since August, i can not keep a default home launcher - anytime i hit the 'home' button', i have to choose my launcher EVEN if i check mark the box, "make default" gerr.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
i have this issue to - i went to the verizon store near me and they had me go into settings, applications, all and then reset google services.
this works sometimes - but not all -
the rebooting thing is getting really annoying b/c it can take up to SIX mins for the phone to reboot - i'm also experiencing ringtone issues - ringtones i had set up for my family/friends are all screwed up - and since August, i can not keep a default home launcher - anytime i hit the 'home' button', i have to choose my launcher EVEN if i check mark the box, "make default" gerr.

Try this:
Fastboot
Menu --> Settings --> Power --> Fastboot (this will make your phone boot up within 30 seconds)

Launcher:
How many different launchers do you have installed?. I have 4 different ones and mess with them at different times. Try downloading a app (FREE) called "Home Switcher". It will list all your home screens/launchers. It tells you which one is your default and you can pick whatever else one you want. You can clear the default launcher and pick another one.

You may also need to go into MENU --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> pick ALL tab --> then scroll down to HTC Sense (there is 2 of them), --> pick the one that shows the most memmory being used --> Clear Data/cache. This should reset your home screen.

Hopefully this helps!

neil154

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon tech support level 2 person and she told me that this is a known problem and Verizon will be pushing out a fix by the end of the month (hope it happens).

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon tech support level 2 person and she told me that this is a known problem and Verizon will be pushing out a fix by the end of the month (hope it happens).
That's interesting. People using the leaked Bionic update say it is doing much better in terms of data connectivity issues.

Thanks, Robrecht

chelseaboo15

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
have a android gw620 and cant go on android apps every time i am goin on it it shows me google sign in when i put my account info it loads then it shows me ...you dont have a network connection ..this could be a temporarily problem or your sim card may not be provisioned for data services.please try again when you are connected .if it still continues call customer service .now it continues and customer service cant do any thibg for me i tried it on wifi i changed the sim so i really need help comment thoughts please :-\:-[

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer