shorted out y key

krogers910

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So, it happens quite often not only in messages but also regular typing in internet. The y and sometimes the t will short out, quit the application and go to the homescreen. It saves the draft of course in messages but sometimes in a long text, it will do it four times, and going back through drafts four times in one message is quite annoying. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? It did it three times in this post alone.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Stock keyboard?

If not try and see if it happens with stock keyboard.

If so, try a 3rd party keyboard maybe.

Happens in landscape position too?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

krogers910

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, It happens in landscape mode too. It's also starting to do it with ts. Starting to drive me crazy. Im not very tech savvy, so, stock keyboard? And 3rd party keyboard?

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Go to the play Store and search for a keyboard app. Install one of the trial versions. See if that helps.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

krogers910

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So I tried a new keyboard. Didnt help. Also now, the phone is confusing the ts and ys with xs and zs. I really just dont understand it. And it is quite annoying. It shoteed five times during this message

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You could try recalibrating the touchscreen by going to Menu, Settings, Language & keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input, under Finger touch precision, choose Calibration tool or even Reset calibration. If that doesn't work, you could try a master (factory) reset. If still a problem, sounds like a bad screen.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Get some draw app. Draw lines all over the screen. Make sure the lines follow your finger as they shoould.
I had a bad Samsung that the touch screen was out of whack around the keyboard. Made typing some letters very difficult. It showed up immediately with a paint app when I would draw a line.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. I went to bed Friday night and on Saturday morning I couldn't type the letters o, k or m. The whole column was dead from top to bottom. I couldn't swipe up and down that column without the screen jumping around. I use Swiftkey 3 as my default keyboard and even the stock keyboard didn't work. I couldn't recalibrate because the o, k and m keys didn't work. It didn't even work in landscape.

I ended up having to get a certified like-new replacement under the extended warranty since the factory warrant ran out in April. The new phone looked brand new and works much better than my old phone did. This was my first replacement experience and it worked out well this time. I didn't get a lemon like so many others before me did. My phone's problem turned out to be a hardware issue with the touchscreen itself which no amount of factory resets would fix.

I hope that helps.

Bill