SD Card Issue - Bleeding Screen - What to do?

mort3770

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the TB the day it was first released March 17, 2011. Since then, I've had the phone replaced a few times both through Verizon and once with my Assuron Insurance. The phone I have now is the referb I got from Assuron.

A few months ago, my screen started to get blobs on the screen. Pixel bleeding as best I can describe it. While it's not pretty, the phone still works.

More recently, I've had off and on trouble where the phone had trouble accessing the SD card, and now, it won't do anything with the card. I've tried to remove and replace it and reboot. I've reformatted the card with NTFS format, even deleted the partition and repartitioned it. I've tried other SD cards and no matter what I do, the phone won't work with any SD card I put in it.

The phone is rooted with Revolutionary, and really haven't changed much else, and it's worked well that way for a long time, till recently.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I still have Total Equipment Coverage insurance with Assuron, so I guess I could pay another $100 bucks and get another refurbed TB, but not sure I want to put $100 into a 3 year old phone.

I'm on Verizon's Unlimited Data plan with 4 other regular phones, so I am looking to do something that won't change my plan to Share Everything. That change would cost me an extra $36 a month.

So I guess my thoughts are, what the frick is wrong with my current phone that I have issues with my SD card? If there is a simple fix for that, I will just continue using the phone I have.

If there is a real issue with the phone that the SD card problem can't be fixed, I'd rather buy a new or used smartphone at full price and maintain my UDP than buy the discounted phone from Verizon what will kill my UDP, but then I'm not sure which phone to get next.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty