Data Question on Thunderbolt

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Newbie question here. I am a current Sprint customer and the network in my area has been down for 6 days. Sprint advised me that if it is not fixed tomorrow on day 7 they start allowing customers to port out with no ETF since it is in a sense their fault not the customers.

Anyways I was wanting to know if I hold off and get the Thunderbolt through Verizon since it is in a sense the same as my current HTC EVO i noticed that Verizon has 5GB caps on their 3G and LTE aircards, but still offers unlimited data on their handsets. When Thunderbolt comes will it be able to enjoy unlimited LTE service or will VZW be capping their handsets at 5GB LTE Service???

Sorry if this has been covered just curious.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Verizon's cEO has said that there will a tiered data plan coming with Thunderbolt - which means there may not be an unlimited data plan for LTE handsets.

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Tiered plans are coming sometime during the summer. If you sign a contract now, you shouldn't be subject to the tiered structure until you re-up your contract.

Last edited:

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I know but I do not want to sign with them today or tomorrow only to have the HTC Thunderbolt get delayed many more times and on day number 40 something it drops and they go hahahahahahaha since I am locked in.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that was the CEO...I"m pretty sure it was a CFO or similar rank.

EDIT

Verizon Communications CFO Fran Shammo

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
either way, just like the release of this phone, we honestly dont no yet. nothing is official.

verizon said mid summer there will be tiered data. we dont no if that still include unlimited or not