I woke up and omg!

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This just had this happen to me ,twice, both overnight charging.

I left the phone plugged in and it was about 60%, I woke up this morning, and the icon showed it was still charging, but at 5%. ( Downloaded the HTC Wiget one ) The first time it happened I thought maybe the cord was not connected or loose, but this time I checked the connection, and sure enough it was charging.

I cant imagine what would drain a battery that fast while plugged into an outlet. I had my wifi on, but turned off GSP, and screen was set to dim, but that should not even matter as it turns off after a min.

With the thread being 10 pages back it sound more like a defective phone.

Going to see about replacing it today.

Lazz

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This just had this happen to me ,twice, both overnight charging.

I left the phone plugged in and it was about 60%, I woke up this morning, and the icon showed it was still charging, but at 5%. ( Downloaded the HTC Wiget one ) The first time it happened I thought maybe the cord was not connected or loose, but this time I checked the connection, and sure enough it was charging.

I cant imagine what would drain a battery that fast while plugged into an outlet. I had my wifi on, but turned off GSP, and screen was set to dim, but that should not even matter as it turns off after a min.

With the thread being 10 pages back it sound more like a defective phone.

Going to see about replacing it today.

Lazz
Sorry this happened to you. My phone works great now I received a lot of help here in reference to Bump charging the phone and not syncing what I didn't need and more. After a bit of configuring I got at least 7hours yesterday with light to moderate texting calling downloading music and playing games. I will get the link for you and edit this :)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry this happened to you. My phone works great now I received a lot of help here in reference to Bump charging the phone and not syncing what I didn't need and more. After a bit of configuring I got at least 7hours yesterday with light to moderate texting calling downloading music and playing games. I will get the link for you and edit this :)
wait you left the phone plugged in? I had my phone unplugged when it happened to me. If that's the case yeah the battery or phone might be defective

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I bump charged it yesterday during the day, and I read though the posts pretty much. I turned off all my syncs, but then I tried to go to the market I got a pop up saying some background down loader needed to run so I clicked OK.

During the day, I used the navigation for about 30 mins, surfed the web and texted. I even did my first video call! Kinda cool.

The fact is, I just can't think of anything that would drain a charging battery, with the display off. MAYBE if it was plugged into a USB port, but a wall outlet? UGH..

Thanks for the reply =o)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I bump charged it yesterday during the day, and I read though the posts pretty much. I turned off all my syncs, but then I tried to go to the market I got a pop up saying some background down loader needed to run so I clicked OK.

During the day, I used the navigation for about 30 mins, surfed the web and texted. I even did my first video call! Kinda cool.

The fact is, I just can't think of anything that would drain a charging battery, with the display off. MAYBE if it was plugged into a USB port, but a wall outlet? UGH..

Thanks for the reply =o)
I would take it back if it was plugged in a wall outlet and did that. that's just my personal opinion of course.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah going to return it today, I am sure it is just a fluke, but weird it only happens at night... OOOOOo EEEEEEEE oOOOooOOOO.. Spooky music...

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah going to return it today, I am sure it is just a fluke, but weird it only happens at night... OOOOOo EEEEEEEE oOOOooOOOO.. Spooky music...
The charging works fine in the day with the charger? If so maybe it's something going on when it's in sleep mode.

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
The battery life seems fine for the most part. The issue is that the battery gauge is horribly calibrated upon receiving the device; why that overheated the battery and made it drain faster than it could charge the first day I got it? I am not sure.

All I can say is bump charge the crap out of the device via wall charger. On 3G and WiFi the battery feels just the same as it did on my Droid, which is interesting because both devices have the same capacity battery but the ThunderBolt has higher specs that I think should drain the battery faster.

I use many apps and widgets concurrently and my Thunderhorse takes it all on like a boss now that I've bump charged once.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah during the day it is fine. I have it plugged in now and it is at 89%.

Not sure what it could be. I have all syncs turned off, just double checked.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah during the day it is fine. I have it plugged in now and it is at 89%.

Not sure what it could be. I have all syncs turned off, just double checked.
it's when your phone is idle or going to sleep. Don't touch it for a bit and check and see if the battery starts depleting. I am curious as to why it would do that, mine drained off the charger, started with a full charge so I took it off the charger and by morning it was dead , but my story is different coming from iphone4 I did not know how to exit certain apps I was using the home button instead of the back arrow this made all apps that I had open continue running, this went on all night, so when I woke up I panicked came here and the wonderful people on the forum started explaining things to me. One of the threads that helped a lot with my situation was http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/69547-juice-defender-blockbuster-help-4.html hope this helps.

Senor_Dizzle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
16 hours!!!!!!!!!! man im lucky if i get about 4 hours of a charge with heavy usage. its not to much to ask can you make a short list of tips or settings you are using please?!!

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone on the charger. My stats were:

-24% remaining
-22 hours unplugged
-2:45 hours active
-3G/4G only no wifi

I turn data off when I'm sleeping, my 2:45 hours active were playing Angry Birds, surfing the net, and some youtube.

I only sync backup assistant, weather (3 hours), email (1 hour). I've also disabled blockbuster updates.

I'd only expect this phone to last 4-6 hours of "active" time.

Reactions: lovy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just put my phone on the charger. My stats were:

-24% remaining
-22 hours unplugged
-2:45 hours active
-3G/4G only no wifi

I turn data off when I'm sleeping, my 2:45 hours active were playing Angry Birds, surfing the net, and some youtube.

I only sync backup assistant, weather (3 hours), email (1 hour). I've also disabled blockbuster updates.

I'd only expect this phone to last 4-6 hours of "active" time.
Forgetful tysm for helping me yesterday I got a good 9 and a half hours gonna bump charge one more time before I go to bed. Once again thanks so much.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Quickest (and easiest) way to see what is actually using your battery is to do the following:

1. On the homescreen, hit the menu button
2. Tap 'settings'
3. Scroll down to 'about phone', select it
4. Select 'battery'
5. Select 'battery use'
6. Look at what has been running

If your top battery users are NOT cell standby, phone idle, android system, or something related to the OS or screen, there's something wrong. If its an app, or a process (like the blockbuster update) explore that app's settings and see if you can alter the sync schedule or the like. If you can't figure it out, post it here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you figure out what to do.

Reactions: Oceanstar

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Forgetful tysm for helping me yesterday I got a good 9 and a half hours gonna bump charge one more time before I go to bed. Once again thanks so much.

No problem, these phones do need a little more attention sometimes. Just mess with your settings and you'll find a good balance. Spare Parts, Battery Usage, and System Panel are key for diagnosing rogue processes. Getting a good understanding of how Android operates and "thinks" helps so much.

I still can't believe how much battery the Blockbuster update app was sucking from some phones.

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
No problem, these phones do need a little more attention sometimes. Just mess with your settings and you'll find a good balance. Spare Parts, Battery Usage, and System Panel are key for diagnosing rogue processes. Getting a good understanding of how Android operates and "thinks" helps so much.

I still can't believe how much battery the Blockbuster update app was sucking from some phones.
I know ughhh. I will be getting extended battery but I don't want to have to use it all the time and this is a great learning experience:) I think this last bump should do the trick

Oceanstar

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Quickest (and easiest) way to see what is actually using your battery is to do the following:

1. On the homescreen, hit the menu button
2. Tap 'settings'
3. Scroll down to 'about phone', select it
4. Select 'battery'
5. Select 'battery use'
6. Look at what has been running

If your top battery users are NOT cell standby, phone idle, android system, or something related to the OS or screen, there's something wrong. If its an app, or a process (like the blockbuster update) explore that app's settings and see if you can alter the sync schedule or the like. If you can't figure it out, post it here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you figure out what to do.

I think this should be the first reply anyone sends when they see a "battery sucks/problems" story.

more often than not, this feature is very 'telling'.

Reactions: samuraifortruth
Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I left my tbolt off the charger overnight and it only lost 10% of its battery with 4g and wifi on. However, I get excellent coverage in my apartment. I was in a building yesterday where I always get bad service and my tbolt lost about 30% of its charge in about an hour. So my question to the original poster is: how is your wireless coverage in your apartment?

I know this kind of thing was a battery killer on 3g phones too, but it seems exceptionally worse on the tbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hossjadnn