mobile network failing

peptoe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When i'm not using WiFi my phone and internet works fine but when I check out my network it says that my mobile network has failed.

So what's my issue here? Does my phone have a bug that won't let it show that I am connected to the mobile network? Bc with no WiFi and still using internet the mobile network must be connected right?

leehblanc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site

peptoe

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Still happens to me. It's odd, I still have my connection, I can do everything, it just says failed in the settings, but obviously its working bc i'm not on wifi..odd

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Had the phone for 2 days now. No network this morning. Went to VZW. Fix was factory reset. Let's just say, I am not happy. As a Android newbie coming from Blackberry. Is there any tools that backup the phone first? On BB, i could backup the whole thing, and then restore the phone to the same condition it was in.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Had the phone for 2 days now. No network this morning. Went to VZW. Fix was factory reset. Let's just say, I am not happy. As a Android newbie coming from Blackberry. Is there any tools that backup the phone first? On BB, i could backup the whole thing, and then restore the phone to the same condition it was in.

Yes there is an app called titanium back up. As for for contacts? Just sync your phone with your gmail account to store your phones contacts there.
Then re-sync later after the restore to get the contacts back on your phone.

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes there is an app called titanium back up. As for for contacts? Just sync your phone with your gmail account to store your phones contacts there.
Then re-sync later after the restore to get the contacts back on your phone.

thanks, looked at that on the market, requires root access?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Since VZW did a factory reset on your phone, have you had any mobile network issues?

-Frank

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
they did it at noon EDT. It is now 2:35pm EDT, and no problems. but like i said, the phone is only 2 days old. it was working last night when i went to bed.

Not enough time to tell if this "fixes" the problem.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
they did it at noon EDT. It is now 2:35pm EDT, and no problems. but like i said, the phone is only 2 days old. it was working last night when i went to bed.

Not enough time to tell if this "fixes" the problem.
Looks like [This Post] is the real answer. Even explains why a reboot worked.

-Frank

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks like [This Post] is the real answer. Even explains why a reboot worked.

-Frank

Thanks Frank, I would agree with you. I was so PO'd with verizon making me do factory reset i couldnt see straight.... I will follow that thread.

Also, I am VERY SURPRISED that the entire non-4G world isnt complaining more, and that the VZN store personnel didnt know this.

Last edited:

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Frank, I would agree with you. I was so PO'd with verizon making me do factory reset i couldnt see straight.... I will follow that thread.

Also, I am VERY SURPRISED that the entire non-4G world isnt complaining more, and that the VZN store personnel didnt know this.
The non-4G world wouldn't be affected by it. Only a 4G phone would even have that setting. At this point in time, only the ThunderBolt.

-Frank