This may be my paranoia but...

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If the rumors are true and the unlimited 4g ends on Thursday, it might be a safe bet to call Verizon and cancel your tethering/mobile hotspot (if you don't plan on keeping it). Because my suspicion would be that at the end of the month they'll ask you if you want to renew it and you'll say no and only give you the option to choose from the new tiered plans versus the unlimited. Just my .02, I already called and got rid of mine.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know that you can cancel it, since you didnt purchase it. The way i see it (Less paranoid) is that we purchased an unlimited monthly plan. They thre in a free trial. Getting a bunch of early adopters angry at them (Verizon) isnt worth their time and money, so they will likely ignore us and get us when we upgrade early, or in 2 years. If you do the math, i am sure we are what my old finance guy used to call "Mice Nuts."

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
If the rumors are true and the unlimited 4g ends on Thursday, it might be a safe bet to call Verizon and cancel your tethering/mobile hotspot (if you don't plan on keeping it). Because my suspicion would be that at the end of the month they'll ask you if you want to renew it and you'll say no and only give you the option to choose from the new tiered plans versus the unlimited. Just my .02, I already called and got rid of mine.

Its supposed to be just a free trial, more of a marketing thing to get people hooked on it.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
You're both probably right, however when I called them they said it was on my account even as the trial. So I'm like ya please take that off, I have no plans on using it, they did so without question.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll read the contract again, but mobile hotspot is just a feature, it's not part of the data plan. So I really don't think they'll do that.

So many people were paranoid and pessimistic about not being able to keep unlimited data and look at how that turned out.

7UP

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was told by rep that come May 15th, it ends and we will receive a txt asking us if we would like to SIGN UP at that point...

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You're both probably right, however when I called them they said it was on my account even as the trial. So I'm like ya please take that off, I have no plans on using it, they did so without question.

Its a feature of your plan, and they cannot force you to change your contract based on removing that feature.