Outgoing text issue

Kcoolby

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I have a very unique problem. I checked my friends phone and he doesn't have the same problem.

When I send a text out it goes out normally with the please wait screen that fades back into the text convo. However, when I hit the back button and the screen goes back to the main SMS/MMS screen, it gets a little glitchy. It first shows that I received a text from the person that I just sent a text to (even though i didn't actually receive a text) with the new message icon and everything and like 2 seconds later it'll disappear. So it's pretty much saying the text i'm sending i'm receiving but it goes away. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've erased data/cache and force close the messaging program too. I've pulled out the battery and the Sim card to see if that'll help. But it still does it. It just bothers me because my friends thunderbolt doesn't do it and it's sorta annoying everytime i back out a text i send it says i have a new text from that person.

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm... see now I thought that was just how android was. I was doing that. I think its actually that it didnt clear that you read the text yet. Cause when I hit the back button real fast and skip right over that screen if I go into it, I will still have a 1 or 2 or how ever many it is in the green circle still. But when I get the next text if I go slow past that page it disappears. I find it to be a little annoying, thought that was just android, glad to hear it isnt supposed to do that. Upset even more now that my phone does it! lol.

thecraftsman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My issue is somewhat similar: I have the Thunderbolt and I installed Handcent. It's a GREAT app, but even after deinstalling it, I continuously got a Force Close error, telling me that the android.mms.com app had a problem or something like that. Now, I can send texts, and I get notified that I've received text, but they're not displaying on my screen.