If battery life is the primary concern....

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
NEVER!. have an Ipod touch... terribly nonfunctional. would never want to add a phone feature to its barely passable as an mp3 player now adays.

lippstuh

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i used to love the iphone, but i gave it another shot after owning an OG Droid. I really wanted to like it but it was too boring and simple for me. I love playing games, but i couldn't justify owning an iphone just for that.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Like you don't know what kind of answer you'd get in an Android forum. LOL. The iPhone isn't THAT much better as far as battery goes anyway.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone isn't THAT much better as far as battery goes anyway.

Actually, the iPhone 4 battery destorys any other media heavy smartphone. Having said that, that's mostly due to the fact that the iPhone's processor is underclocked to only 800MHZ and it doesn't have true multitasking and obviously, no 4G.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
would you exchange the thunderbolt for the iphone 4??

I think the more accurate question would be would they go to another Android, maybe the Incredible or something by Moto that may have battery life. I mean assuming that people would switch platforms because of battery life is a little far fetched. Now switching devices because of a poor battery, not so much.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the iPhone 4 battery destorys any other media heavy smartphone. Having said that, that's mostly due to the fact that the iPhone's processor is underclocked to only 800MHZ and it doesn't have true multitasking and obviously, no 4G.

I actually have both phones right now and I beg to differ. Yes, both phones are in 3G (no 4G in my town) and it's negligible at best. It's all about how the end user uses the phone...and in my experience, the difference is small.

tino72

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
i agree too the iphones battery smokes by any other phone in the battery dept but i just couldnt deal with the tiny screen on the i4, however the retina display is still the best..it came down to the screen size,google nav,customization..

Reactions: scorpiodsu

S.Meezy

May 18, 2010
Visit site

LOL. Battery life on the iPhone 4 is laughable at best... charged to 100% @ 1 am directly followed by bed... already charging again around 4 pm... Sadly, I was upset with the Droid 2 and went for the ihaveittooPhone (currently thinking I would take a buggy OS any day over this phone!) and have almost paid the full retail on several occassions for the TB... My D2 underclocked to 800 MHZ, on the other hand, could go 3 days easy... meh lol

On topic: I had the EVO (and sadly had to give it up due to lack of service :/) and even between 0-1 bars, i got ~30 hrs on a phone that ppl say gets 3 hrs max. lol.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
LOL. Battery life on the iPhone 4 is laughable at best... charged to 100% @ 1 am directly followed by bed... already charging again around 4 pm... Sadly, I was upset with the Droid 2 and went for the ihaveittooPhone (currently thinking I would take a buggy OS any day over this phone!) and have almost paid the full retail on several occassions for the TB... My D2 underclocked to 800 MHZ, on the other hand, could go 3 days easy... meh lol

On topic: I had the EVO (and sadly had to give it up due to lack of service :/) and even between 0-1 bars, i got ~30 hrs on a phone that ppl say gets 3 hrs max. lol.

So are you saying that the "ihaveittooPhone"'s battery isn't that good and you like the Andriod OS over iOS?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually have both phones right now and I beg to differ. Yes, both phones are in 3G (no 4G in my town) and it's negligible at best. It's all about how the end user uses the phone...and in my experience, the difference is small.

I also have both phones and it's no contest. I leave work with at least 60 percent each day with the iPhone without charging 1 single time. Thunderbolt on the other hand needs to be charged or it's full discharged by 3PM. So it obviously differs by users but there's certainly no question that the iPhone 4 has the better battery life. How about you check out reviews and see how many mention battery life as a concern. There's a reason for that.