Why do my processes keep coming back?

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
My emulator keeps getting slowed down every 10 minutes because after I kill the processes and free up about 280MB, they just come back. The emulator will start running slow so I will go back to task manager and it will say about 100mb free. After I free up some memory it eventually starts all the tasks again and goes back to around 100mb free. Is there a way to stop it from doing this?

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
DON'T USE A TASK MANAGER. Since Froyo, a task manager is not needed to kill every app you have running. The Android O/S will allocate memory to what is needed when it's needed. My phones (I have had many Droids) have run better when I ditched the task killer
If you have a known app that is draining your battery then you can force close it through Manage applications.
Go to settings, about phone, Battery, Battery use. Here you can find out what is using the battery. If you see one app that is the culprit, then you can force close that one, or learn to exit out of it when you are done instead of leaving it running in the background.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
And you don't think running a task manager every 5 min to stop the same process from starting is helping your battery? Do me a favor and at least read the article I posted please. It will give you a better understanding of things. If after that you still choose to use a TK then go for it. But educate yourself so you'll know what your doing.

withravenoushunger

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
And you don't think running a task manager every 5 min to stop the same process from starting is helping your battery? Do me a favor and at least read the article I posted please. It will give you a better understanding of things. If after that you still choose to use a TK then go for it. But educate yourself so you'll know what your doing.

I did read it but still wouldn't things like games that stay running in the background destroy the battery?

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
No they won't. Pretty smart for a smart phone huh? If you ever kill a task it better be because you're a developer or the task hung up. If it's a naughty task and keeps radios going our crashes constantly uninstall it.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk