POP email question

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have my company email set up but I am having one issue. I can send out an email. They can reply once, than I reply, and their next reply doesn't come to my phone. Not sure if I have a setting wrong.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Does the 2nd message come through if you manually refresh the mail app? Or is it just not there period. In Gmail, there is a setting to notify on the 1st email, but not to notify on subsequent replies. However, I don't think that this is option for a POP account

Reactions: Spaky223

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If none of the suggestions up to now works, you might have to log onto your mail server and make sure a "Reply-To" entry is inserted. This is usually under settings. However, you might need to talk to your IT folks to address this.

-Frank

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an exchange server. I use outlook. I am a small company right now. Heres what I have found out after further playing around. If I have outlook open on my computer it will show up there. If it shows up on outlook it won't show up on my phone. If outlook not open it will show up on the phone. I think it may be a sync issue.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an exchange server. I use outlook. I am a small company right now. Heres what I have found out after further playing around. If I have outlook open on my computer it will show up there. If it shows up on outlook it won't show up on my phone. If outlook not open it will show up on the phone. I think it may be a sync issue.
Thanks for this more complete information. From this I can be almost certain what your issue is. It's the MS Outlook configuration. POP email, by default, will download all messages to the PC and then delete them off the server. This accounts for why if you check your mail in Outlook first they never get to the phone.

The fix: MS Outlook - Email Acct Settings | More | Advanced Tab | Leave Email on Server [checked!]. You might want to also select one of the other options on that page, such as, auto-delete after 10 days. That way your email server doesn't fill all your quota.

That oughta do it.

-Frank

Spaky223

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this more complete information. From this I can be almost certain what your issue is. It's the MS Outlook configuration. POP email, by default, will download all messages to the PC and then delete them off the server. This accounts for why if you check your mail in Outlook first they never get to the phone.

The fix: MS Outlook - Email Acct Settings | More | Advanced Tab | Leave Email on Server [checked!]. You might want to also select one of the other options on that page, such as, auto-delete after 10 days. That way your email server doesn't fill all your quota.

That oughta do it.

-Frank

Thanks alot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member