Huge percentage drop on restart with extended battery

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought I saw this covered before but can not seem to find it....

I know the stock battery can see AT LEAST a 7% drop upon a restart. But I just started using the ext battery that I bought at launch due to the abismal battery life (couldn't take it anymore and the ext battery is now standard equip on my phone) and I restarted at 51% and dropped to.... Wait for it.... 17%

What's the deal with this???? I can tell you this.... For the amount of uptime/use 51% felt just about right so its hard to be able to say that the battery was not reading properly and after the restart it was correct. I've heard that before but this instance seems to debunk that....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you just started using it than it should get better. That seems off though. Almost as if the battery indicator was incorrect.

On a side note, I keep my phone in my jeans front pocket. Will the extended battery add a TON of bulk as to where I'll feel it and get annoyed? I'm happy with the standard battery on 3G but with 4G expected in my area this month I'm considering an extended battery.

Also, sorry for all of these questions, but is the battery door made of better quality? My stock door (cheapo plastic of course) makes a little noise on one of the edges because of how thin and crappy this door is.

Thanks and sorry for sort of high jacking your thread. :)

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It adds maybe a 1/4 inch of bulk maybe less. I don't find it too annoying. The build is basically the same and since its a higher profile mine seems to creak more than the original but not a deal breaker imo.

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a definite issue. I posted elsewhere and was told that there is some inaccuracy with the meter. Nothing that can be done about it and we're going to have to wait for some HTC update. My battery cover for the extended also creaks and it drives me batty!!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's a definite issue. I posted elsewhere and was told that there is some inaccuracy with the meter. Nothing that can be done about it and we're going to have to wait for some HTC update. My battery cover for the extended also creaks and it drives me batty!!!

I've always heard HTC has superior build quality but I'm going to have to disagree from my experience. The hardware on the G1 was creaky on the sliding mechanism and now my Thunderbolt has a creaky battery door and a kickstand that continues to peel off. I have never had any issues with my BlackBerry or Motorola devices in terms of outer aesthetic hardware quality.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to deal with it.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The extra bulk in the pockets is sexy, fellas. ;) Lets a girl know you could go all day (on a single charge).

Ok I'm done :) thx chrisy!!

Well how about this shiznit.... The Droid charge.... Yeah ummmmm, 2 friggin days on a single charge with a 1600 milly. WTF!!

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I thought I saw this covered before but can not seem to find it....

I know the stock battery can see AT LEAST a 7% drop upon a restart. But I just started using the ext battery that I bought at launch due to the abismal battery life (couldn't take it anymore and the ext battery is now standard equip on my phone) and I restarted at 51% and dropped to.... Wait for it.... 17%

What's the deal with this???? I can tell you this.... For the amount of uptime/use 51% felt just about right so its hard to be able to say that the battery was not reading properly and after the restart it was correct. I've heard that before but this instance seems to debunk that....

Try this

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried that and it didn't work. There is an obvious issue with software where what you see on the battery meter is not what's really going on with the battery. I'm consistently off by about 15 percentage points. If my meter shows 95%, a reboot will then drop the meter reading to 80% (give or take a percentage point or two).