HELP--Stuck on exclamation point screen after root & after OTA....HELP!!!!!

flooritnfly1

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Just rooted successfully.

After root I went into "Software Updates" to grab that ota update and it downloaded, powers down, starts to install/update, then switches to a a scary looking exclamation point screen and just sticks. The first time I had to yank the battery to start it back up. This time I am just waiting longer to see if something happens.

Help!!!

flooritnfly1

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok I managed to get back to the "right after root" state because my Clockwork Mod settings popped up once I hit Menu and I was able to wipe all data and get back to that point.

I wonder how to install this update........where exactly did you find the link?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I posted three posts from a long thread above that may help. Read them in order. I'm sorry I can't help more but I'm not rooted and don't quite know the specifics.

flooritnfly1

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
yes I got out of that nasty loop (as explained in the top link)

I am just wondering whether to use your OTA download link or the one from XDA. Your's is 34mb while the link at XDA is 396mb.....

jereme716

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The lower mb file is and update for those with stock, unrooted phones running the immediately preceding version. The bigger file is just the full RUU (both rooted and unrooted versions). Make sure you grab the one with "unsigned" or "for rooted phones only" beside it.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Didn't everyone make it clear to NOT GET THE UPDATE IF YOU ARE ROOTED?

thought I remembered reading multiple places about that.

sent from my HTC THUNDERBOLT

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member