Tasker question

ipb_11

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright so I know this isn't exactly Thunderbolt related but I didn't get any answers in the Apps thread.
I just started using tasker and I love it so far. I was wondering though if there is a way to have it change input method depending on the way the phone is orientated. I love swype but I hate using it in landscape mode. I figured out how to get tasker to open the input selection menu when I turn the phone, but does anyone know how to make the keyboard change on its own?

Any one else have useful profiles for tasker on their Thunderbolt?

Thanks for your help.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
This thread will probably get moved back to Apps. :)

I can't help with the keyboard profile but I have a few Tasker profiles I use.

1 - SMS to my son each school night telling whether he buys or takes lunch the next day (based on the SMS Reminder profile on the Tasker Wiki); Tasker looks at a calendar entry and sends the SMS based on the "Where" field at random time between 8:00-8:30 PM. We have to buy lunches by the 20th of the month for the next month so sometimes he isn't sure if he's buying or taking lunch.

2 - Several profiles that control notifications based on my location.

3 - Just started working on a profile to replace No LED as a missed notification.

4 - Flash a picture when my wife or kids call/message while I'm at work so I know it's them. Handy to eliminate the Pavlovian response to a notification sound.

5 - Different ringtone depending on who calling. This is to overcome the Thunderbolt not consistently using my custom ringtones for specific callers. Only used for my wife and kids currently.

I'm also looking for new Tasker profiles.

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I listen to a lot of podcasts using either my bluetooth headphones or the bluetooth speakerphone in my car. The bluetooth headphones/speakerphone work best if the phone's Media Volume is set all the way up and the actual volume is controlled by the headphones. However, when not connected to the bluetooth headphones, 100% volume is a bit shocking.

So, I use Tasker set the Media Volume to 100% when a bluetooth A2DP device connects and also lower the volume back down to about 20% when the A2DP device disconnects. I also have it launch the podcast app when the headphones/speakerphone connects. This guarantees that the play/pause buttons on the headphones/speakerphone will start my podcast playing without having to unlock the phone and starting it with the touch screen.

Also, I typically only use WiFi when I'm at home, and the WiFi uses a lot of power when I'm out and about and it's hunting for a connection. So I have Tasker turn on my WiFi when I'm connected to the cell tower near my house and turn off WiFi otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87