Ok Google wi Ok Google

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Ok Google to work from all screens. Out only works after I open the Google app. The hot word setting is set to 'on'. What else do I have to do to get it to work.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
This may not be available on all phones. You find it at Google Settings (in the app drawer, not the system settings) - Search & Now - Voice - OK Google Detection. Then your choices are "From Google Search app", "From Any Screen", "From Lock screen". If you don't have that menu, then your phone/OS version doesn't offer it.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
It is there I just tried it you have to say okay 3 times and it will work from any screen

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the help. My phone is a replacement phone. Ok Google worked from any screen on the old one. My settings don't give me any options other than hotword detection " on or off". Very aggravating.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Which version of Android are you on? Have you checked for whether there is an OS update available? (Settings-about phone-software updates).

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It is the darndest thing but it doesn't give me the options they say it should. When I tap hotword detection it only gives me the option to turn the hotword on or off.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Weird. Hotword detection sounds like a phone system setting, not a Google setting. Just to be sure, have you gone to the Play store to verify that you have the latest version of the Google Search app? What kind of phone are you using?