Full AD'S flashing up on my screen

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, in the last few days I have started receiving full ads flashing up on my note 3 (like the way a pop up would show up on your computer) that I have to close in order for it to go away. I deleted any new apps which I had downloaded (all from the play store) in the last few days that could have caused it, but nothing has helped.
They flash up when I type into the Google search bar, when I click on my email account, etc but not ALL the time. It's really frustrating and I don't know what to do? I have lookout and the new Verizon thing that scans all my apps and stuff to make sure they're safe and both always show up as everything is safe.
Is anyone having similar problems or can help me? I'm new to the android world so I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.
Thank you!
Sarks

Posted via Android Central App

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to arrange/display my apps in order of the date they were downloaded - in case like you said that I've missed one I downloaded recently. All i could find is how to arrange them in alphabetical order or as a list.
Thanks again for helping me :)

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I downloaded the Norton ad thing and it showed me the apps I have that promote advertising - but none of those apps are ones which I have downloaded within the last week. Most of them I've had since I got the phone in Sept.
Thanks for the suggestion - the Norton ad scan app is a cool thing to have, I think I will be keeping it!
I'm new to this app also, I'm glad I found it, you guys are really helpful, and speedy in responses.
Thanks,
Sarks.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Additional info. I clicked on my messages (text) and it said loading - it then seemed to load an ad Web page and then it opened up the play store to a game - dragon something.

I don't have games on my phone, the 2 I had (candy saga or something like that and a diamond game) I deleted hoping these types of ads would stop.

Thanks.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Building on SactoKingsFan's idea, if you like the Norton Ad scanner, then may want to try their Norton Security antivirus. This will help give you three data points for antivirus and malware apps. The Norton Security may find something.

SGEN3

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The app may be an older one that you downloaded. I had an app that after a couple weeks sent pop ups... Hope this helps

OIF VETERAN 2009 - 2010

JordanHardey

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
i know it sounds simple and stupid... but same thing was happening to me... try simply restarting your device after deleting and closing all webpages, and clearing all of your RAM / Memory... Seems to have worked for me, its been 2 days now... hopefully it was that simple for me.

sharjho10

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, in the last few days I have started receiving full ads flashing up on my note 3 (like the way a pop up would show up on your computer) that I have to close in order for it to go away. I deleted any new apps which I had downloaded (all from the play store) in the last few days that could have caused it, but nothing has helped.
They flash up when I type into the Google search bar, when I click on my email account, etc but not ALL the time. It's really frustrating and I don't know what to do? I have lookout and the new Verizon thing that scans all my apps and stuff to make sure they're safe and both always show up as everything is safe.
Is anyone having similar problems or can help me? I'm new to the android world so I would greatly appreciate any help or advice.
Thank you!
Sarks

katniks23

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Thank you!
Sarks

katniks23

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Hey Buddy Actually.. Today i had also this problem. I checked into local ad detectors but all that goes fffwww... No works. And i just install Kaspersky and scan its blink adware in Picsart studio. So may be picsart could this i uninstall and its worked. So if you have picsart first check into antivirus which app download adware. I hope its helpfull for you.

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Reboot, do NOT start chrome, go into settings->general->application manager and locate Chrome under the All tab. Clear cache.

Reboot again.

That should help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty