Verizon Note 3: ISIS and tap to pay?

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I set up ISIS on my phone a few weeks ago, and signed up for a SERVE card (free money, why not?) which immediately put funds into my account. Problem is, the two times I've actually tried to use tap to pay, it hasn't worked. Am I missing something here? I let the cashier ring my purchases, pull up the ISIS app, enter my PIN, and place my phone on/near the tap to pay area of the store's card reader, yet nothing happens. I do have a Samsung wireless charging battery cover. Would that interfere with it? I'm feeling like more of a dunce every time I attempt to use this only to fail haha

Last edited by a moderator:

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: ISIS and tap to pay?

It's probably on the cashiers end, because they have to tell the register that you are paying with a card so the reader activates. I have run into a few situations where I have had to tell the cashier what to do, some didn't even realize their machines took Isis......

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Same issue happened with me. A lot of retailers accept "tap to pay", but the employees haven't been trained. I actually had one merchant (7-11) tell me " can you just pay like everybody else?" I took my business elsewhere.

Posted via Android Central App

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

The guy at walgreens was fascinated and actually said he'd never had someone try to tap to pay with their phone. That could very well be it. I'll try it next time I'm at a tap to pay place.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Dumb question, but your NFC radio is on, correct? (odd N icon in the task bar). If you pull down the toggle menu (two fingers downward.. Like you pull down the notifications but with two fingers), is the NFC toggle on?

Also some Wireless charger coils can interfere with NFC but I would think samsung's own (oem) would be designed not to interfere.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Dumb question, but your NFC radio is on, correct? (odd N icon in the task bar). If you pull down the toggle menu (two fingers downward.. Like you pull down the notifications but with two fingers), is the NFC toggle on?

Also some Wireless charger coils can interfere with NFC but I would think samsung's own (oem) would be designed not to interfere.

Yes, NFC is on. Still haven't gone to a store w/ tap to pay since this thread started to try it again. Maybe I'll force myself to CVS to buy some gum or something later today... haha

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Excellent. I like the tap to pay.. It shows up on the register as an Amex transaction. And Amex seems to be running a lot of promotions to increase use, so we early adopters get some benefit (paid). Good luck.. Post back that it's working!

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe not the best place for this question but.....

Anyone know of there is a new patch out so you can use isis while rooted on MJE? Last I heard it didn't work anymore.....

sent from tapatalk....probably while pooping.

jdmaxima89

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem... Note 3 on Verizon.. I have a serve card and chase freedom loaded.. Used it once the day I got the phone (Nov 30) at Toys R us. It's not worked since. In town there is a Circle K gas station with the proper terminal, a McDonald's, and the mall has about 10 coke machines with the actual Isis payment pad. My coworkers with an S4 and droid ultra have no issues. My phone performs all other nfc related tasks with no problem.. But doesn't react at all when I'm trying to use Isis to pay. Had no problems on my S3. I also have have the wireless charging cover from Samsung... But I took it off to make sure that wasn't causing the problem. I've had an open ticket with Isis support for over a week now... And still nothing. I would love to use this... And cant.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
How long does it take them to add the $40

I found dealing with Amex on this to be a huge pain. First they credited me $10 instead of the full promo. Call them and let them know and they'll fix it. Much bigger issue wad getting through their processes for the sign-up and activations - absolutely the worst experience like this I've had in long time. The serve people in nyc are a back office function but take the calls for isis issues connected to the account.. And they are not trained or capable to do that at all. Call Amex regular serve cust service in salt lake city(not specifically the isis team), you'll do much better in my experience.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
So I attempted to use tap to pay again this morning and it still didn't worK. May be it's just Walgreens. I'll have to try a different place at Some point.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Does your phone have an NFC capable sim? It should be white. If it's not, and it's a red card you need a new NFC sim.

Is isis provisioned on your Verizon account? There is a feature that needs to be enabled on a user's account.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I have a new white SIM, and not sure ab the vzw option. I'll have to check on that one. I thought as long as I was able to set up the app on the phone, it should work (I know I read that the app would not install/set up if you didn't have the correct SIM).

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Taken from VZW's ISIS FAQ:

How do I get the Isis Mobile Wallet and activate it on my phone?

To download and activate the Isis Mobile Wallet on your phone:

Make sure your phone is in the Verizon Wireless coverage area and can make calls and access data.
Turn on your phone’s NFC.
Download and install the Isis Mobile Wallet from Google Play™ or the Apple? App Storesm.
Launch the Isis Mobile Wallet app.
Tap the Get Started link at the bottom of the Welcome screen.
View and agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Enter an email and password you’d like to associate with your Isis account.
Create and confirm a 4-digit PIN
PIN (Personal Identification Number)
A numeric code used to protect your device and account from unauthorized users. Also, an optional four- to eight-digit security code used to lock a SIM card in order to prevent unauthorized usage or access. for your Mobile Wallet.

Note: For security reasons, you shouldn’t share your Mobile Wallet PIN.
Watch the quick animation and learn how to pay with your phone while the Mobile Wallet creates your account.
You've successfully activated the Isis Mobile Wallet.

Did all of that. No mention of having to add a feature to your account.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey just a heads up... Walgreens is supposed to be set up as it has the machines which do THOUGH after talking to managers at a few different ones in different states, W isn't set up. WTH!
I found this with many different corporate merchants who claim to support ISIS yet their local stores are hit and miss. Madness!
As usual, we're behind other countries with our mobile pay technologies.

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Success! It just worked at CVS. So apparently it is an issue with my local Walgreens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty