my SD card is now safe to remove???

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
That's the notification I got this morning. But for what reason? I did not mess with my settings so I have no idea what's going on. Anyone else having thus issue?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's usually the message that appears after you've selected the Unmount SD option. Is the tablet still reading the external SD? If not, take it out and reinsert it. If it still isn't reading, go to Settings>Storage, and see if there is an option for Mount SD.

If the SD still isn't being read, it might have become corrupted. Remove it, insert it into your computer, and see if you can access all of the data.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy has the best course of action. If it were me, I would pull the card out to have my PC check the card for errors.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? Are you certain the PC is accessing the data on the SD card vs Internal Storage?

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
im able to acces all the data in my pc but stil my phone says sd card safe to remoove
That message is from unmounting the card, the easiest fix is to go to settings->storage and select the mount option.

Second easiest way power off your phone, remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, reinstall the battery, boot the phone... The external sd should niw show up.

flero

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem with my micro SD card for my S4 active.
it is possible to access the data but not to delete and write on the card (therefore it is not possible to format as well).
The card is mounted to the Phone.

What I tried:
-Restart the phone (with removing battery for several minutes)
-Putting the card in the laptop and by right clicking on it and opening properties, no tab for securitiy is available.
-Checking registry why the tab is not available (StorageDevicePolicies entries are not existing and for other folders the tab is available, so that shouldnt be the problem)
-try to format the card on my laptop wount work because of restricted write permissions as well.
-There is no switch on the card for locking

Does any one has an idea how to format the card now?
Thanks for your ideas

Last edited:

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I have the same problem with my micro SD card for my S4 active.
it is possible to access the data but not to delete and write on the card (therefore it is not possible to format as well).
The card is mounted to the Phone.

What I tried:
-Restart the phone (with removing battery for several minutes)
-Putting the card in the laptop and by right clicking on it and opening properties, no tab for securitiy is available.
-Checking registry why the tab is not available (StorageDevicePolicies entries are not existing and for other folders the tab is available, so that shouldnt be the problem)
-try to format the card on my laptop wount work because of restricted write permissions as well.
-There is no switch on the card for locking

Does any one has an idea how to format the card now?
Thanks for your ideas
If you don't mind losing data on the card, put it back in your PC. On your PC right click on My Computer and select Manage.

In the management console, on the left bear the bottom is Drive Management.. Select that.

Then in the center scroll down to the sd card and it'll show if it has been partitioned and made active. From there you can repartition, format and make active. Do not partition as NTFS use FAT32 or FAT32ext

The card should be read/write able now

If not.. Card is toast

flero

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, but it still not works. I also tried diskpart and a lot of other thinks as well now but still not working. Meanwhile I'm pritty much sure that the sd card is just brocken. So I will buy a new one the next days. But thanks a lot for your help.

AMADEUS_SYS

Jan 22, 2019
Visit site
I Have Same Problem But Now It Fixed. This Error Happen When I Try To "Encrypt external SD card". I Already Try Format The SDCard To Default But It Still Not Working, So I Using EaseUS Partition Converting My Sdcard From Logical To Primary And Now It's Readable On My Samsung "SM-J111F"
Never Thought That Will Work... I Don't Know It Will Work Same As You Guys

Last edited:

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
This fault was around a few years ago and it was associated with some app.. Am wracking my brain trying to remember which one :-/
I'll come back if I remember...