Newegg pre-order status: validated (updated by request)

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Like most others, my order status did not change from Order Received since I ordered weeks ago. I contacted the live chat and asked them to look into my order status. The rep immediately contacted the "activation team" to process the order further/update the status of my order. Then the rep told me to refresh my order status page. The outcome is below. Why couldn't the system just update the status automatically?

EDIT: My credit card was just charged the full purchase price for my verizon s4 from newegg.com.

Attachments

• newegg.jpg
    newegg.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

natethechamp

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Did the rep say anything regarding when they'll ship?

I wonder if this was just to lock in the sale so you can't cancel if they miss the street date. I'm hesitant to push my order along if I can keep the option to cancel and go through another source to sate my impatience.

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Did the rep say anything regarding when they'll ship?

I wonder if this was just to lock in the sale so you can't cancel if they miss the street date. I'm hesitant to push my order along if I can keep the option to cancel and go through another source to sate my impatience.

The rep said they will have the phone in stock on 5/23 and it should ship on the same day. Ideally, we should have the phone in our hands by Friday with the one business day shipping.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Like most others, my order status did not change from Order Received since I ordered weeks ago. I contacted the live chat and asked them to look into my order status. The rep immediately contacted the "activation team" to process the order further/update the status of my order. Then the rep told me to refresh my order status page. The outcome is below. Why couldn't the system just update the status automatically?

Thanks! I just did the same. How long did it take to update? The rep told me it takes at least 24 to validate everything.

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I just did the same. How long did it take to update? The rep told me it takes at least 24 to validate everything.

The update was immediate. They had been telling me for several days that my order was already carrier approved. I just wanted to be reassured that this was true by having my online status reflect the most current information.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

EDIT: My credit card was just charged the full purchase price for my verizon s4 from newegg.com.

Does your order still say "One or more of the items you ordered may have a slight delay in shipping"? Mine still says that and have not received an email saying it will ship tomorrow.

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Does your order still say "One or more of the items you ordered may have a slight delay in shipping"? Mine still says that and have not received an email saying it will ship tomorrow.

Yes. It still says there may be a delay. Still looks exactly the same as in the pic.

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I posted a screenshot in my first post. The delay is mentioned in blue letters. "One or more items....may have a slight delay...."

Oh duh. I don't know how i missed that. Mine still says "Pre-Order - Click for Details" where yours has the delay. I think yours probably said that there'd be a slight delay for shipping because they hadn't had inventory yet. They state that once the order is approved and charged that it usually ships within 24 hours, and since your cc was charged more than 24 hours before launch date it's just indicating it wouldn't be shipping within their usual time frame.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty