Get Rid of The Lag

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Those options should be on your phone. Settings/scroll way down to Developer options/scroll down to Window animator, etc. The transitions will be much faster but not as smooth. You can adjust accordingly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
No, those options are there but kind of greyed out looking. I don't have the phone with me to check. My phone seemed fine and had no lag out of the box anyhow.

mikeccc123

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I did the first part (developer mode) but the second part lock screen option never showed up. Is there anything negative about doing this to your phone?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had just found this same video through another link... it's great. I guess I never really thought of this as lag, but it is there. I just made the changes on the video and removed the lock screen effect (which I did like), but to speed up the unlock I can live without it.

I would have started another thread, but I did a proper search and found this thread. I hope others can enjoy it also.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any lag to begin with

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I really never have either, but it's always nice when simple solutions can be applied to fix problems folks are having. I saw another post similar to this one somewhere that also suggest just setting those animation options down to .5 instead of turning them completely off. Still speeds up the transitions when opening apps, but doesn't get rid of it completely. Worth trying out if you're trying to get the best performance but want to keep the animations present.

I did the first part (developer mode) but the second part lock screen option never showed up. Is there anything negative about doing this to your phone?

You have Verizon version? Should be under "Settings --> My Device tab --> Lock Screen --> Unlock effect"

Keep in mind that this only affects the "swipe to unlock" lockscreen, so it may be possible that if you have an enterprise account on the phone that forces use of PIN/Password this option may not be there(?)

I had just found this same video through another link... it's great. I guess I never really thought of this as lag, but it is there. I just made the changes on the video and removed the lock screen effect (which I did like), but to speed up the unlock I can live without it.

I would have started another thread, but I did a proper search and found this thread. I hope others can enjoy it also.

I went back and forth trying this out, and on mine honestly couldn't see a difference in the time it took to unlock screen with it on or off...so I left it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa