Smart Switch

DoubleSixx

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everybody !

Been having a horrible time switching from my Blackberry to Android phone. Seems like I can't get help anywhere.

I was told Smart Switch would import from my Blackberry, and for the most part it kinda worked.

Now I'm trying copy over my text messages. Smart Switch only transferred the date and time but the texts are currently blank !

Smart Switch transferred my notes but not texts ? WTF ?

Both are composed of just text, maybe their in a different format. I just don't know.

Can any please help ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi everybody !

Been having a horrible time switching from my Blackberry to Android phone. Seems like I can't get help anywhere.

I was told Smart Switch would import from my Blackberry, and for the most part it kinda worked.

Now I'm trying copy over my text messages. Smart Switch only transferred the date and time but the texts are currently blank !

Smart Switch transferred my notes but not texts ? WTF ?

Both are composed of just text, maybe their in a different format. I just don't know.

Can any please help ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tend to follow the philosophy that text messages are not meant to permanent, and rarely try to transfer them from device to device...this is also why I prefer to use Google Hangouts...my conversations are kept in the cloud instead of on my device!

Having said that though, I've never tried to use Smart Switch, so I'm not really sure what's going on. One thing I can think of is to make sure not to encrypt the backup from the BB.

Here's another solution I found online for achieving the same thing...
Blackberry 2 Droid

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
@paintdrinkingpete,

Is there a way to back up saved emails from my Blackberry and import them into my S4 ?

I'm honestly not sure. Most email providers have been using synced protocols for quite a while with Blackberry (and Android), so in most cases your email should still be on the email server, so you could just add the account to your Android and be all set to start syncing again. If you have a POP3 account I suppose that may not be the case, but I'm not sure if there's anyway to actually export the messages off the device for transfer to android.