S4 stopped working!

jvgenerali

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm having some troubles with my galaxy for about a month or two. In the beginning, the phone freezed (especially when I was listening to music/watching videos) and sometimes I had to remove the battery and turn it on again. I did a factory reset, cleaned cache, and it still continued not to work. Then, I installed some different ROMs: it persisted with the same problem: the audio. I couldn't listen to music, the phone wouldn't ring and, when in a call, the person I was calling could not hear me and I could not hear it too.
I sent the phone to a repair shop in my town (not samsung's), and they couldn't figure it out either. Now, I turn the phone on, it freezes for a moment, then it comes back to normal, and it reboots automatically, staying on that "samsung" logo screen FOREVER.
Anybody knows what this is? Hardware? Software? I'm really lost.
Oh, and if it is of any relevance, the phone screen has been changed recently (I dropped it)

(Sorry about my bad english, I'm brazilian)
Thanks!

kfres39389

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using Odin to go back to stock? Almost sounds like a bootloader issue. Using Safestrap, CWM or TWRP won't wouldn't correct that problem since the bootloader won't replace itself. Using Odin will replace pretty much everything. If it can be fixed, I'd say this is the best chance of fixing it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress